Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Have you tried #185?
    What`s 185? I don`t see it listed on the FK1 site.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff looks great, I think I might try some once my CMW/EX runs out which probably wont be for a while unfortunetly.

How does this ound?

SSR 2.5

FX-1000

Pink Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me as long as the SSR 2.5 didn`t need something finer as a final polish. If you haven`t done it recently, a decent decontamination or clay would be a good first step in that process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    1000P/Pink/FX-100.

Layer count is up to you.

The new Camrys are truly great cars!

Edit: I am awake (3:52 am), and I agree with you Thomas! Did you get my emails?

What is the benefit of both 100p and pink wax... enhanced durability? Would the 1000p mute the slickness and gloss of the 2180? Bence`s choice and sequence of products intrigues me, as I am already looking for a process to use this winter for my wife`s Atlas Grey Audi A4 Avant. This choice of FinishKare products appears as first glance to balance the best of durability and gloss/slickness. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using pink wax, each layer sealed with Fx100 and boosted weekly with dura gloss aqua wax (amazing).

But I`ve had bad results while leaving Aqua Wax bare (not repelling dust to the degree of FK). One application of 425 over the Aqua Wax is all that was needed.

BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    What FK pruducts are a must have? I for a Yellow Charger and a Green Ford 500.For the Ford I want durability and for the Charger I want the show car look.

Post Thanks / Like
    without a doubt the 425 is a must have for either car.

No matter what brand product I will use in the future, 425 will go on top of that.

FK 146 by the gallon is great for a daily driver. Lots of cleaning power and keeps it slick.

For high gloss I think there are better options than FK but I would defy anyone to be able to tell

the difference between a car with a full FK treatment and a full Zaino treament and a full Werkstatt treament and a full Menzernma treatement and a....
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoVTX
    What FK pruducts are a must have? I for a Yellow Charger and a Green Ford 500.For the Ford I want durability and for the Charger I want the show car look.
    Order their sample kit and decide for yourself!

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

Edit: The one thing they don`t include in the sample kit you will most likely want to check out is 1000P. It`s supposed to have great durability and look great, too. Looks are subjective so you have to decide if it`s the appearance you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the FX-100 for the first time this past weekend and it worked great. I also love the pink wax and the 425. I have also used the 2180 and it has held up well on the girlfriends car. I always have a little trouble with the thin sealants like Fx100 and Klasse SG hazing, but the 2180 came right off.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    This stuff looks great, I think I might try some once my CMW/EX runs out which probably wont be for a while unfortunetly.

How does this ound?

SSR 2.5

FX-1000

Pink Wax

Not bad. Except for either FX-100 or 1000P. There is no FX-1000.

For routine it should be 1000P as a base for the Pink.

Thomas,

Yep, I did! It darkens quite a bit! It is like VM with better protection!

velobard,

It is called 217 now. Very minor updates, same product.

bdornseif,

For a long time, I didn`t realize the place or the importance of the 1000P. However, after countless combos with lots of layers, I figured out that it helps to conserve the following L-LSP`s () slickness. For example 216 is a lot slicker over 1000P than alone. Besides it makes the clear look thicker, and durable too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bence,

Where can I use 215, after AIO before 1000P or after 1000P?

Post Thanks / Like
    MARCOSTAN,

215 is basically just like AIO, but its main focus points are more pronounced. It cleans better because it is a bit more aggressive mechanically and its protection is more durable too. What it can clean it will clean, because it contains no fillers. I did a new Accord recently with 215 (only white polishing pad), and it worked absolutely fine. With a little bit of patience, I was able to remove terrible DISO.

So, use it instead of AIO then 1000P and you`ll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    does 1000P add to the reflection of Pink Wax?

I`m not 100% sold on PW`s pop. A warm glow but not really deep or wet enough for my taste.

Doubt a non Autopian would know what the hell I`m talking about.

but with a pound of it I`m not looking to ditch it either.

Also I like the compatibility of PW with 146 and 425.

p.s.

I`m going to be replacing my Klasse AIO with Menzerna or Prime very soon if that

affects 1000P usage at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    BENCE,

Thanks for your reply, how about 216, same question before 1000P or after 1000P?

Rgds,

Marcos

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone.. I have been using the fx185 for awile now and it`s one of my favorite lsp.. it lasts a long time too..I have a used car lot and I have played with alot of products. It gives a different shine but it makes the clearcoat look so thick and glossy. I am overly impressed with this one. The pink wax is also impressive. A toss up between pink wax and trade secret. pink is half the price though.

I will be trying more product from fk1.

Anyone try 303 or 216?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information