Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used this product but I hear some positive buzz on some forums, anyone known good/bad or ???? about glass. I thought it was old techology, maybe I`m wrong. gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to know too. But I`ve never heard anything about it, good or bad :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are 40+ threads with LIQUID GLASS in the title.

I believe it has a high solvent content removing anything underneath it. I believe it has average durability and a decent look.

It`s for sale in every chain store and easily available.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it with good results prior to finding Autopia. I found both the durability and shine to be superior to any other products I could find on the shelves at the chain stores. However, that was several years ago, and I have since been similarly impressed by the look (if not durability) of NXT, and have read positive reviews of the newer Mothers and Turtle Wax offerings. Though LG recommends layering, on it`s label, the consensus here is that it probably is not layerable due to it`s cleaning ability.

While I still consider LG a top OTC contender, I have found that I am much more impressed with the offerings of boutique manufacturers like Klasse, Optimum, and others that are heralded on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it once but the solvent content was too high for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it, as well. It`s nothing special if you ask me. There are better products out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t liquid glass considered a polish? I remember having one of my cars detailed over 10 years ago by a detailing shop near my house and I paid to have 3 coats of liquid glass put on my car. Now, whether or not they actually did 3 coats is anyone`s guess, but wouldn`t liquid glass need to be followed up with a wax or sealant?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the newer bottles say -contains no abrasives

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    I haven`t used this product but I hear some positive buzz on some forums, anyone known good/bad or ???? about glass. I thought it was old techology, maybe I`m wrong. gary

I actually started a thread on this some months ago, and I figured that I would get many negative comments about the product. I think I started out with something like "has anyone used this product with the can that appears to indicate the pinnacle in detailing products available 50 years ago?". The can makes it look so terrible. Anyway, I got many comments that said it was actually a decent product, but there are others out there with similar appearance that are much easier to work with. I think SG would be one of them. Also, some people said that stuff can be very difficult to strip off.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother swore by it back in the 80s. His car looked pretty good considering no other prep. It was white and neither of us knew back then about removing swirls, etc. You will probably get a decent shine, don`t know about durability though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I personally don`t use it, based on a recommendation from their mechanic, my mother and sister both used it on their matching Volvos (don`t ask!) with paint in fairly bad shape. I hate to admit it, but the results were very surprising. I couldn`t believe the difference it made, and how long the finish lasted (they don`t maintain their cars very well).

However, the "feel" is very "grabby" (not slick), and water didn`t bead like wax. For the two of them needing an easy to apply and low maintenance product, it worked great. However, I prefer the look, feel, and water beading of a true wax. Maybe it would be a good "base coat" for an average daily driver?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t heard anything bad about it...Scott, I think you should do a review.

Thread Information