Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been satisfied with Stoners and I have used NXT QD on windows but now I`m seeing posts about using everything from AIO to Z-2 Pro.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of using nonconventional glass cleaning products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Products like AIO, Prime and Vanilla Moose (never used Zaino on glass) deep clean the glass and improve its ability to bead water.

I use Prime every month or so on my car and NXT Glass Cleaner after each wash.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve clay`d, AIO`d, and #16`d all of my exterior glass (including the glass roof). Water is still beading like crazy after 2 1/2 months of being on the glass. After my washes I QD the glass with quikshine along with the paint. Whenever I`m feeling generous, I`ll spray the glass with some OCW. I never have to use my wipers anymore!
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Neither do I. I stuck with many brands of well known sealants on my glass but now thinking of acrylic jett topped with wax, maybe CK choc wax or TOL pizzaz

Sealants work but don`t provide the wet look I want

I QD my glass with quikshine and DP final gloss booster (mixed 50/50) with some sonus detail spritz on top of that)
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may find that paint polishes and waxes used on glass could actually begin to cause the glass to become stained with spots.

In most cases, you would be smart to only use specific products made for cleaning glass, such as; Stoners Invisible Glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use CGs Glass Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One 20/20, Adams Glass Cleaner, CG Glass Cleaner are products I like and use. I NEVER wax the front winshield (don`t wanna risk glare from streaks or wiper chatter) or the front two door windows; but I will wax sunroof glass, back window glass and back windows.

I`ve found waxing the back window and back door windows to be very helpful in keeping water spotting down in those places. Likewise, I`ve found that on hatchbacks or SUV`s, having wax on the back window helps keep the water from clinging, reducing visibility in wet weather.

I have tried OCW on glass with decent results, so if your getting quite a bit of rain/snow in your local weather, a spray wax may be an easy alternative to a traditional wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I use on my interior glass is a water dampened lint free M/F followed immediatly by a WW M/F I have dedicated for glass cleaning. This is for the inside .. the outside all I use is my ww M/F after I wash and I always have streak free clean glass that will bead at speed.

You sceptics need to gibe this a try .. your Stoners will sit onthe shop shelf just like the 6 can I have.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    For the inside I used to use EO 20/20 but became frustrated last weekend when I could not get the streaks out.

I used NXT glass cleaner this weekend and I was amazed at how well it worked.

I usually use RainX on the exterior. I tried AIO on my g/f`s car but it left circular haze marks and caused bad glare.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use VM on my glass. I`ve never used a glass cleaner on the exterior glass, and frankly I`m confused as to why anyone would need to use a glass cleaner on exterior glass after washing the car. What`s there to clean after you just washed it?

I have gotten wiper chatter with some products on my windshield, but S&G seems to be the best thing for glass. I don`t get any wiper chatter, the water beads up great, and it`s slick too. When I QD in summer, I QD the paint, glass, trim, plastic, everything except tires.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Right on 95max

Sealants and waxes and certain QD sprays really work on glass

Interested to try soft 99`s glaco glass protective coating one day
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally use Meg`s glass cleaner from their detailer`s line...every month or so I will use VM - for some strange reason, VM does not do it for me on paint, but it works wonders on glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use Stoner IG.
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried just about every glass cleaner out there and so far my top three are:

1. Meg`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate

2. NXT Glass Cleaner (find it needs a bit more wiping than the concentrate.

3. Stoner IG.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone noticed that 20/20 seems to be a different formula? I picked up a new bottle of 20/20 a few months ago and noticed it is MUCH different than my older version. They have different labels and the new one streaks so bad! I compared them side by side and well, there is no comparison. I guess I need to try NXT now
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information