Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this is in the right section.

Anyways heres what i e-mailed to tropi-care Hi my names, ---------. I purchased your porter cable package a little over a month ago and white bonnets from you. I buffed my truck the week after I recived it, no problems truck came out great very happy with the purchase. I detail cars on the side so I decide to expand my little business into buffing. This Lincoln mark lt pickup truck was my first buff customer. I was about 75% done with the swirl remover and as im going down the quarter panel the entire pad and backing plate fling right off (it was at speed 6). Instantly the porter cable nails the truck but I pull it off before it spins off across the truck. This all happened Sunday February 12th, about 11:30 am. I have been busy all week and hence could not e-mail you sooner, I will be calling when I get a chance but I am very busy lately. Anyways the customer was naturally very pissed off so I took $175 off the bill. Luckily though he had a porter cable of his own so I managed to finish the job. The customer doesn’t understand its not my fault so I have lost the future business of the Lincoln mark lt pickup he owned, his Ferrari 360 vert, lambo gaillardo (how do u spell that), Plymouth prowler, and his kia daily driver.

As you can see the backing plate didn’t even come off completely the actual main piece broke off, I do not know if you guys manufacture it or not but I am looking for someone to take the $175 bill. I will gladly fax the receipt for the work that gets done on it but after getting similar nicks and dents fixed on my vehicles it will be close if not almost exactly $175. I will be posting about everything on autopia so please show how good your customer service and support is.

----some pics i sent

I really hope trop-care steps up to the "plate" (lol), no but this really sux for me i lost thousands in buisiness from this guy and i think ill be a litle scared next time i buff my own truck. BTW where can i get a good solid backing plate?

any input welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve is a good guy. Hopefully he takes care of you.

When did you send this email?

I`ve never experienced or seen this problem before (and hope I never do again). Business insurance is something that could come in handy in situations like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn man that sucks.

I have a hard time believing that he has all those exotics and drives a KIA as a daily though.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a problem with some Lake Country products damaging my car a couple of months ago. They did a very cursory investigation and concluded without exploring very many possibilities that they were not responsible. So, they refused to re-imburse me for the damages.

Your case seems a little more clear cut because you can see clearly that the product failed. So, I hope you have better luck than I did.

I also agree that it`s odd that a person with that many exotics would drive a KIA daily. I have a friend with a Bentley that drives a Mercury Mountaneer during the week. So, I can understand why someone would want to take it down a few notches for their daily driver. However, all the way down to a KIA from a Lambo/Ferrari is a big drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    I had a problem with some Lake Country products damaging my car a couple of months ago.

I`m not aware who supplies Tropi-Care. Are you sure that`s an LC backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    Damn man that sucks.

I have a hard time believing that he has all those exotics and drives a KIA as a daily though.

Yeah. That is a very rare individual.

Post Thanks / Like
    I stuck in Detailing Product Disucssion instead. And wow, indeed quite an interesting assortment of cars :hm
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya i havent been able to check my e-mail yet but tropi-care seemed pretty cool when they sent me some free samples because i had to call in my order when there website was down.

As for his cars ill take a photo sometime, he actually has 2 dds, the kia and the licoln mark lt even though its like a 45k truck....The prowler is yellow, the lambo is black and pretty sick, the ferarri he just got still has a temp tag on it. Its a vert and its kinda a silver dsg color, it also has glass over the engine bay so you can see it and everything. Now that i think about it i sure am glad i did his truck first because i cant even imagine what it would cost to fix a lambo or somethin....

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    I`m not aware who supplies Tropi-Care. Are you sure that`s an LC backing plate?
    I have no idea who makes that BP. I was just saying that I can relate to the situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of a backing plate come apart like that.

Most companies will claim the limit of their liability is replacing the defective part though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I have never heard of a backing plate come apart like that.

Most companies will claim the limit of their liability is replacing the defective part though.

If the company ends up sending me a new backing plate and calling it a closed deal can they expect a little less business from autopia members? :hifive:

I really hope they dont do this but if this ends up happening ill be taking a little drive to wherever i need to go. =)

In other news yahoo sent me a mailer daemon thingy that says the e-mail failed lol, ugh and my outlook express is not working. Ahh the joys of life....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachmuscles
    If the company ends up sending me a new backing plate and calling it a closed deal can they expect a little less business from autopia members? :hifive:

I guess that would depend on their rational for doing so. They may refer you to their supplier for possible additional compensation.

I am just saying that the standard out for most companies is they are liable for replacing the defective product only. If I buy a roll of film that is defective, Kodak isn`t going to restage (for example) a wedding so I can retake the pictures I was unable to get because of bad film. They will just give me a new roll.

I am not speaking for Tropi-care, just businesses in general.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch! I had something similar happen to me (however not with TC’s backing plate) . . . while buffing, I stepped back from a panel and suddenly the pad/plate flew past my head and shot across the driveway :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like

The prowler sleeps to the left of the lambo but he was out when i took this. Talk about the perfect customer to though he was going to have me do each car for 300 cash every 3 months. ugh....stupid backing plate.

in other news road runner e-mail is working again

Post Thanks / Like
    That is quite the stable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information