Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have any of you ChemicalGuys junkes out there tried Factory Sealant ? The whole "no cure-time" thing sounds awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    The only sealants I`ve used are Klasse SG and Menzerna FMJ, and both seem to "cure" immediately.
    Jed Bouscal

Mobile Reflections, Calgary

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s weird, why is this not on the CG website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh, it`s Nano time! Let the jokes begin.

What separates it from the CG M-Seal with the Nano stuff HERE ?
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Is M-Seal the old Magic Seal? Is the Factory Sealant the same as SmartSealant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Both the Factory Sealant and the M-Seal are brand new. If you look under the kits, you will see that they come with free samples of one or the other. I asked Bob to ask Paul what the differences between the two are, so hopefully he`ll find out for us. M-Seal is definitely not the old Magic Seal, but I have a feeling that SmartSealant and Factory Sealant are related. Sooo I guess this means nobody has tried it yet? :sadwavey:

Spilchy, although the EO chat may have turned you off from nanotechnology, it certainly has its place in detailing products. IIRC those UV blockers in a lot of dressings are nanoparticles.

KSG and FMJ both have 24 hour cure times.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s with the alphabet soup of new product names from these guys? It was hard enough to try to make sense of some of their similarly named stuff before the additional products.

I thought only Eagle One had mastered the "Nano Nano". CG`s naming schemes make the FK1 product nomenclature seem crystal clear to me. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Magic Seal is related to the new sealant only by the company that they are made by and the same with Smart Sealant and the new sealant.

I`m not sure which one I used(one of the new sealant products) but you can apply it in direct sunlight, it`s *very* easy to spread and remove, has a wonderful minty type scent and is on the slick side. I can`t vouch for durability as it`s on a car that remains covered most all of the time.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    What`s with the alphabet soup of new product names from these guys? I thought only Eagle One had mastered the "Nano Nano". It was hard enough before to try to make sense of some of their similarly named stuff before the additional products.

CG`s naming schemes make the FK1 product nomenclature seem crystal clear to me. :p

It`s one of the complaints that I made to Paul. Just know that you`re not alone in those thoughts.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    What`s with the alphabet soup of new product names from these guys? I thought only Eagle One had mastered the "Nano Nano". It was hard enough before to try to make sense of some of their similarly named stuff before the additional products.

CG`s naming schemes make the FK1 product nomenclature seem crystal clear to me. :p

LOL Yeah, "PRO_EXTREME LIQUID SynTHETIC XGTS-seal gloss enhancer fortified polymer sealant+53.9X CARNAUBA CREME WAX" just doesn`t exactly roll off the tonge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, ya the names need to be shorter, sucks cause it kinda takes away from them.

Back to topic, I tried Factory Seal the other day on a couple cars. Definetly no cleaners of any kind, and gives a clear wet look, that kinda reminds me of Zaino. Just like all CGs stuff, its really easy to apply/remove. THis is one thing really nice about my new job, I can try all my products out the next day after I get them. Dont have any pics because my co-workers already think I`m crazy using my own stuff much less taking pics of it. LOL
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is Paul`s explanation of the difference between M-Seal and Factory Sealant:

Micro-Seal can be used as a stand alone product but it was

really formulated more to replace a wax because of its superior deep shine and amazing feel. It almost blends in with the paint. Once you have polished a car most people go for a wax, Micro Seal would be that substitute and for the enthusiast or professional that wants even more

Factory Sealant is the final step. It goes on and comes off like silk.

For a new car that is in 100% great shape, Micro Seal or Factory Seal will work amazing but the look and feel of both products is different. Micro Seal applied looks like a glaze WET and Slippery. Factory Sealant is like a very fine nano-tech foundation ( that light powder women put on face) it goes on like silk and comes off with great ease but when touched does not necessarily feel wet and slippery It feels clean and looks deep.

Let me try to explain it even simpler. When you run oil through your hand it feels slippery and glides easily. But different oils will feel slippery in different ways. For example Synthetic oil feels very different in your hands then burned normal car oil, because the synthetic is a much higher viscosity and has a higher lubricity rating. Micro Seal feels like oils slippery and wet.

On the other hand, if you take a very fine powder in your hand like powdered sugar or flower they both feel slippery because the grit is so fine it just slides between your fingers. Even though powdered sugar,face foundation or

Flower are not oily they feel slippery. Factory sealant delivers that fine of a feel. For some car lovers they prefer the dry deep look of Factory Sealant that looks and shines like a beautiful Factory Sealed Paint Job, over the wet look of a surface that looks like it was just waxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Definetly no cleaners of any kind, and gives a clear wet look, that kinda reminds me of Zaino.

Basically, what I get out of this explanation is that Factory Sealant is Zaino-ish, while M-Seal is more like Wolfgang Deep Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Basically, what I get out of this explanation is that Factory Sealant is Zaino-ish, while M-Seal is more like Wolfgang Deep Gloss.

I`m not sure that`s quite right as Zaino also bonds well to the paint. Zaino is more of a one step product versus what appears to be a two step product from CG. Not making judgments here, just noting that it seems like a different process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee, they`re two different products that are used independently of each other.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoiled Man,

I was referring to this:

Factory Sealant is the final step.

I don`t view Z-2 and Z-5 is a final step as that implies laying down a base. With Zaino you get base+LSP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information