Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I order from them on Friday the 10th and here is what Fedex site says...

Ship date Feb 10, 2006

Estimated delivery Feb 15, 2006

Feb 10, 2006 7:48 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx PHOENIX, AZ

7:35 PM Arrived at FedEx location PHOENIX, AZ

6:34 PM Picked up PHOENIX, AZ

So it was order about 2:00 and I got same day shipping.
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Iv`e read on their forums on their site that they have been extremely busy lately but they still should be a bit more attentative with regards to shipping orders in a timely fashion.

The first time i placed an order with FK1 was on a sunday and i recieved it the next wednesday (USPS) from Arizona to New Jersey. My second order a month later took at least 10 or so days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    We have definitely been spoiled by vendors like Sal(Zaino), Patrick(ExcelDetail), DavidB(AutopiaStore), Ranney(PakShak), Leo(DF Towels), CMA and a few others. I can time these vendors to the day with or without shipping info for when their products will arrive. This customer service is very important to me and I will only deal with vendors that follow through after placing the order in atimely manner. :2thumbs:

I agree 100% with you. the vendors you mentioned have me spolied. but you know what , if they want to take care of their customers a little better, than I will buy from them only. it makes good business sense to me. hey we all admit that there are a ton of good products out there. what seperates them IMO is how they take care of their customers. I am just glad I did not need to have my order here sooner. I am going to make a positive out of this and deal with the vendors that take care of me the best. if these vendors can provide exceptional customer service why can`t the others ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mg031
    Iv`e read on their forums on their site that they have been extremely busy lately but they still should be a bit more attentative with regards to shipping orders in a timely fashion.

The first time i placed an order with FK1 was on a sunday and i recieved it the next wednesday (USPS) from Arizona to New Jersey. My second order a month later took at least 10 or so days.

Well that is great that post issues on their forum. what if you do not read them ? not busting your chops please do not take it that way. I just feel instead of telling me an order is shipping on Monday ( telling me my tracking information will be sent to me in an hour) then finding out two days later the stuff was sent out. what gives ? why could they not just tell me that they are very busy the day I ordered and Friday, and Monday instead of telling me one thing and doing another? sorry to rant but it seems like they need to get their act together. how would your business fair if you promised a customer that you would do their car on Monday and not even contact them until Wednesday ? I have the feeling they would be going elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick
    how would your business fair if you promised a customer that you would do their car on Monday and not even contact them until Wednesday ? I have the feeling they would be going elsewhere.

I don`t know if that`s really a fair comparison. The person you talked (or emailed) to was probably far removed from the actual shipping process, and maybe really thought the order was going to go. Or maybe the customer service person called down to the shipping dept. and asked whether everything they had was going to go that day, and the shipping supervisor said yes, he/she thought so. Well, maybe your order was in another group that hadn`t gotten there yet, maybe someone went home sick, maybe the workers were slow that day, maybe the supervisor mis-estimated. Or maybe they just told you what they thought you wanted to hear. I`m not defending them, it`s just that in a company of any size, there are a lot of people in the process, from order entry to stock pickers to shipping, and the person that you talked to may have sincerely thought they were giving you accurate info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you do not feel that *my * comparison was unfair. I know if my line of business there are many people ( a couple thousand ) involved and it runs a lot smoother than theirs. is ours perfect , heck no. but if we do not have an answer on something we do not promise anything. your post is right on with what I thought , give them the benefit of the doubt. the question still remains , why not inform your paying customer that you are behind ? no excuse in my book. let me add that I will not deal with them anymore period. call me a crybaby :sosad but if our other vendors can treat me with respect so should they. why not use the vendors ( such as Patrick) that take pride in their business, I am more than a number to him. not even a sorry or apology from FK1. that is a damm shame if you ask me. like I said I did not need the product at the time but what if I did ? hey I am not trying to bash the vendor just sharing me dealing with them. have I been mean or cruel , I do not think so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some businesses are certainly run better than others, I was only making the point that once there is more than person involved, things can happen differently than the person talking to you might think (and yes, if the company is run well, if that person makes a promise to you the promise is kept). I don`t think you`re a crybaby and don`t fault you at all for going to the vendor that gives you the best service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    This customer service is very important to me and I will only deal with vendors that follow through after placing the order in a timely manner. :2thumbs:

I second that blkZ28Conv!! The vendors that you had listed all get my business for that very reason. I know that I am an obcessed detailer but my money is not. I expect good service once the payment has been recieved.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Some businesses are certainly run better than others, I was only making the point that once there is more than person involved, things can happen differently than the person talking to you might think (and yes, if the company is run well, if that person makes a promise to you the promise is kept). I don`t think you`re a crybaby and don`t fault you at all for going to the vendor that gives you the best service.

Well I did see your point ( a good one at that ) I just feel that with business with that way it is today ( downsizing , better profit margins, more multitasking for employees etc..) it is a shame that some have adapted better than others. I appreciate your views as you have kept me thinking and shown everybody that maybe my dealings with them could be isolated and may not be the norm. I am glad that we can discuss views without this thing blowing up into a big mess. I am also pleased that you could put yourself in my shoes ( whether or not I have a valid point) there are many people that can only see one point of view , you seem to have mastered the art of viewing all sides. my hat is off to you Sir :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well given the fact that you can only get FK from one place, you`re stuck with their customer service like it or not. FWIW, I have placed 4 orders, received them all in a timely fashion, expertly packed with free samples in each order. Also FWIW, I have had problems with orders from time to time with some of the other vendors mentioned in this thread. Furthermore FK`s shipping rate is the best of all the vendors, hands down no dispute.

It`ll be a shame if folks who wish to try a couple of FK products won`t do so because they heard an order was a couple days late.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Well given the fact that you can only get FK from one place, you`re stuck with their customer service like it or not. FWIW, I have placed 4 orders, received them all in a timely fashion, expertly packed with free samples in each order. Also FWIW, I have had problems with orders from time to time with some of the other vendors mentioned in this thread. Furthermore FK`s shipping rate is the best of all the vendors, hands down no dispute.

It`ll be a shame if folks who wish to try a couple of FK products won`t do so because they heard an order was a couple days late.

just sharing my poor service from them. I was not complaining about the package being late ( even though 11 days does seem a little long to * me * ) . was really not happy placing an order on Thursday, waited for confirmation, Friday, Satuday and Sunday. E-mailed them Monday, then getting a response that my order * had shipped already * and to look out for my tracking info in an hour, Tuesday nothing , e-mailed to check, same story going out today, then wednesday got the same story but 2 hours later received my tracking info. my question is why tell somebody something two days in a row when it is not the case ? just made no sense to me. like you said I am stuck with their customer service, so looks like my cabbage will be spent elsewhere. glad you have had luck with them, maybe * I* was unlucky but did not like the way I was treated. again call me a crybaby but I expect to be treated with some respect. I feel they did not treat me the way I should be treated. I have also had issues ordering with other vendors but at least they were open and honest and kept me in the loop. that is all I was asking. felt like I was getting the runaround. so was telling me that the order was completed and shipped when it surely was not the way to be open and honest with me ? I do not think so. just tell me you are busy and behind schedule. that is all I was asking for . wouldn`t most people feel like they got the runaround if this happened to them ?

Post Thanks / Like
    :LOLOL I was in no way directing my response at you personally Flatty! I appreciate your issues, honestly.

We all have had issues with vendors regardless of how great some perceive them to be and have experienced (as I mentioned).

I was getting the impression that some may not order from them at all because of some folks` orders arriving a few days later. Hence, missing out on some nice products to experiment with because of alleged customer service issues (none of which *I* experienced).

That`s why I posted :wavey

My biggest pet peeve from the popular vendors is shipping prices. With flat rate from FK, you can`t beat that. That`s also why I like Patrick at Excel too - honest shipping.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    :LOLOL I was in no way directing my response at you personally Flatty! I appreciate your issues, honestly.

We all have had issues with vendors regardless of how great some perceive them to be and have experienced (as I mentioned).

I was getting the impression that some may not order from them at all because of some folks` orders arriving a few days later. Hence, missing out on some nice products to experiment with because of alleged customer service issues (none of which *I* experienced).

That`s why I posted :wavey

My biggest pet peeve from the popular vendors is shipping prices. With flat rate from FK, you can`t beat that. That`s also why I like Patrick at Excel too - honest shipping.

No problem did not feel you were acting towards me. I just was frustrated with their reps. I do not feel that I carry any weight around here to swing people`s orders. maybe they will contact Patrick and we can have the best of both worlds ? good product and somebody who excels ( pun intended lol ) at customer service. I agree with how the products work and would like to try the 2180.... maybe a trade in the works :think: hey if Patrick expands to the east coast ( I am just kidding let`s not start any rumors ) you and I can work the east coast end of the operation :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    After switching from Zaino (which is great) I`m currently VERY pleased with the MenZerna FMJ/HGAS combo. ~ Is 2180 & 425 FK1`s answerl to FMJ/HGAS? - equal, better or not? http://www.fk1usa.com/forum.htm
    Just in case You missed it the first time - Help, thanks. :sadwavey:

Post Thanks / Like
    So now I`m confused, is 425 a QD or a spray wax like OCW? I was going to buy both OCW and 425, but now...I hate this forum, well...at least my wallet does.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information