Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be so sad to see you go, Miami. You add so much to each and every thread you post in, really. Your expertise will surely be missed here. It`s just too bad I can`t prove it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Things better calm down on this thread quick or its going to get locked.... :lock:

It has turned from a wax discussion to a slug fest.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    How does 425 compare to adams or crystal mist, my two favorite qds

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMOB
    http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm#425 Please correct me if I`m wrong, but after reading & searching, #425 will bring the shizzle to any base, wether it`s carnuba, acrylic - MenZerna/BlackFire, Zaino, whatever etc. ?!? ...Correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    Please correct me if I`m wrong, but after reading & searching, #425 will bring the shizzle to any base, wether it`s carnuba, acrylic - MenZerna/BlackFire, Zaino, whatever etc. ?!? ...Correct?

I have used 425 over Souveran Acrylic Jett with great results either way. It`s really a no-frills QD. It brings slickness and gloss to either carnauba or sealant.

I use it as sort of a Z8 for anything non-Zaino. That`s not saying Z8 won`t work over anything that`s not Zaino, but I personally choose not to use Z8 over other sealants. 425 is more versatile (universal) and much more economical.

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce Correct!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z281977
    How does 425 compare to adams or crystal mist, my two favorite qds

Adams is one of my very favorite QDs as well. 425 reminds me a lot of adam`s but I find the 425 to leave a better looking finish. They`re both about the same slickness and both are super easy to use and never streak (for me).

Comparing 425 to CM is sort of like apples to oranges as CM is more of a spray-wax type product that will also clean smudges. I personally think of it as a super fortified (with carnauba) spray wax rather than a quick detail spray. That`s just me. But CM leaves a better finish, IMO, than 425. However, at $20 for a 16 oz. bottle, it`s not something you`re probably going to want to use every day like one would with 425. Plus CM attracts dust like crazy, in my useage with it. I find 425 to last a good bit longer than CM as well, only judging from my preliminary slickness/beading findings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    ...on this thread. I`m reading it on my pda...

Sometimes I feel so technologically challenged

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    flatstick, White_F-150 has right, the 425 definitely causes a WOW effect. It has immediacy, but the FX SW is looks excellent when cured (sealant/QD).

The honest, clear 845 gives a wonderful base to the 425. On some colors I feel that the 845 gives a reflective, shiny, but the look itself is `just there, instead of happening`. The 425 adds life to that shine and works very well in conjunction with 845.

Thanks for the info I am using the 425 over other products and it works rather well. was just looking to what it brings to the table over 845. will have to give it a go when the weather breaks for good here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to report also.... Thanks Bence, because of this purchase I have grown to appreciate the garage more and more... specially as a nice place to sleep after my wife kicked me out of the house for "you bought what...again?"

While the product is incredible, my overall feelings about it have a little "but". It looks killer, slickness is top notch, antistatic properties seem superb, price is awesome, application is very very easy (no streaks) but I found its "quick detailer" characteristics (lubricity, cleaning power) mediocre at best. Yes, it can be applied over light dust, but no more than that.

As good as it is, for a more rounded quick detailer, FK1 own`s 146 ( I bought it too... glad I did) or one grand`s "show off" are better (I haven`t tried Adams or quikshine). My gripe about its limited "quick detailer abilities" are more for the fact, that if "almost clean" is a requirement to apply it, then its main competition are not quick detailers, but rather spray waxes. The humble mothers FX spray wax looks almost as good as FK1 425, and almost as slick.

Don`t take me wrong, I love it, it is arguably the best looking QD / spray wax available. I just wished it had a little more "quick detailer punch"

Alex

PS. Heresy.... I think its behavior reminds me of the humble turtle wax PUG quick detailer.... killer look, but not so good lubricity. 425 is quite slicker though.

Post Thanks / Like
    :Geezx

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using Crystal Mist before I received my order of #425 and to me it didn`t have the slickness that #425 has. That is one of the things that I noticed immediately. CM seemed to only last maybe a couple of days and then the slickness would be gone. After finishing with the wash and quick detail with CM I would run the back of my hand over the finish and it just didn`t seem super slick. Remember I had Pinnacle Sig Ser II on there. I just though it was time for a new coat. But after applying #425 I feel as if I don`t need another coat. The paint felt sllliiiiccckkk. No need for another coat of nuba. I am just going to keep quick detailing after every wash with my new favorite qd.

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved CM, but yes it is pretty pricey. The finish it leaves looks FRIGGEN Awesome. Hopefully #425 can give me similiar results for a lot less money.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    So which FK products do you guys like? Im thinking of making a little purchase to see what the fuss is all about, and there fairly local so shipping shouldnt kill me. Ive often wondered about them....What would be lets say, 3-4 of the best items to try?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    So which FK products do you guys like? Im thinking of making a little purchase to see what the fuss is all about, and there fairly local so shipping shouldnt kill me. Ive often wondered about them....What would be lets say, 3-4 of the best items to try?

The #425 seen here in this discussion is top notch and the Pink Wax (I forget the number) has also gotten rave reviews from some members. I really like the 1000P hi-temp paste wax for use on my motorcycle. Many members have shown interest in the FX-1000 spray glaze sealant. I`ll be getting mine in the mail this week to try out. If you would carry some FK1 you would be my hero :clap: :getdown

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information