Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    Spilchy--you have too much free time on your hands

With a blizzard outside and it`s midnight, I have time! Plus a quick search pulled these up. Nothing major to do.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Seth. Miami... if you don`t want to try it, that`s your choice. I don`t really think it`s up to any of us to convince you otherwise, especially with such scientific tests as spraying half the hood with 425 and half with another. It`s a great QD and, like many have already said, yes it does have a tendency to attract less dust. What`s so hard to believe about that.

If you don`t want to try it, that`s certainly no sweat off my back, or anyone else`s here. Maybe you should call this one in to the Mythbusters since you`re so skeptical

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, you guys convinced me! I ordered yesterday.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    You make claims like it`s a myth and it`s a selling point, etc... yet people who use it report on it repelling dust. Then you say they`re "gullable" despite having success with it. Do you even use the product? No? Then why do you make those comments?

Yes I bought it. Like it but its not the whole enchilada :nixweiss

It`s your same attitude that Charlie`s soap is the only way to clean MF`s and anyone who uses MF detergents are throwing money away (even when someone claims they haven`t had the same experience). All because you hand agitated 4 MF`s in a bucket.

It is…but if you want to keep thinking those MF detergents are special… Buddy you got more to see. I did this test 3 times & won’t bother posting more pictures, because apparently guys like you don’t appreciate it. BTW: the hand wash wasn’t the only test I did. There was more to it. I guess you’ll keep buying anything company’s make that clam things. :nixweiss

You said in another post "sorry for being an a-hole" regarding this topic. If you think that and have to type that, then maybe you shouldn`t say it?

No ….maybe you should ignore it, & not tell people what to do or what to write. . :chill:

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone compare in final visual appearance clues of #425 with established products like:

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Zaino Z8

Optimum Spray Wax

UPP / 4* QD

Meguiar`s Final Detail (old timers )

Please no comments on anti-static properties. Until someone can produce an anti-pollen agent the anti-static for dust is just a "marketing" ge(r)m IMHO.

How about shipping time to lower 48. I have had bad experiences (long shipping times) with products shipped from Canada.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Can anyone compare in final visual appearance clues of #425 with established products like:

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Zaino Z8

Optimum Spray Wax

UPP / 4* QD

Please no comments on anti-static properties. Until someone can produce an anti-pollen agent the anti-static for dust is just a "marketing" ge(r)m IMHO.

How about shipping time to lower 48. I have had bad experiences (long shipping times) with products shipped from Canada.

TIA

????? My FK1 order shipped from PHOENIX AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    My order also came from AZ but I thought the shipping was slow. 10 days to get to NC, although I ordered on a holiday weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMOB
    ????? My FK1 order shipped from PHOENIX AZ.

I hope that`s the case. Patrick at ExcelDetail normally only takes 3-4 days from California. I hope that`s the case from AZ. I just got some parts from AZ and it only took 3 days :bolt.

I assumed Candian origin because of the Canadian tax question during billing. :nixweiss

10 days during the Holiday season in somewhat understandable.

USPS or UPS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have been using FKl on my laptop screen. Cleans the screen very nicley. It also works on the daughter Ford Focus. I do not see the claims of the others as far as antistatic claims. The laptop still gets dusty and the daughter`s Focus had dust on it everyday. the same as the Black truck sitting right beside it.

I understand about claims made by members. That is there experience. I am glad. It has not been my experience, unfortunately. MY truck has been a test bed of products this winter. The only thing that I noticed about dust accumulation is that the LSP that I used made the difference rather than the Detail Spray that I used.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Sonus Acrylic Spritz

Zaino Z8

Optimum Spray Wax

UPP / 4* QD

blkZ28Conv,

I must be one of the "old timers", as I find the 425 to remind me a lot of Final Detail in appearance. As a matter of fact, I like to call it "Final Detail on steroids".

As for the "anti-static" claim... it`s difficult for me to tell during the winter months. I do find that the vehicles seem to wash easier. That may have as much to do with the extreme slickness of the product, as it does with any anit-static properties. Whatever the case, this is extremely nice stuff! :2thumbs:

My gallon of 425 arrived in about 5 days via FedEx. That`s about normal for delivers to my area.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finish Kare is CA-lifornian.

Miami, as #425 works, it prevents the dust attration, so the surfaces will not be dust magnets any more. It won`t and can`t prevent the dust settling to the surface, so if yo live in a dusty environment the amount of dust on your car may be the same or slightly less, because the dust particles finally land on your car - due to gravity. #425 is not a force field that repels everything as it surrounds your car. It controls the dust attraction. It does just that what technically can be done - and it does it more than superbly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just placed an order from them(2/9/06). It take 4 days, I will get my by th 14th. Yup, thats Valentine day :2thumbs: btw Im in NYC, so that`s avg. They ship via FedEx Home btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW...2 day shipping from AZ to CA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_F150
    blkZ28Conv, I must be one of the "old timers", as I find the 425 to remind me a lot of Final Detail in appearance.

I`ve still got a gallon in the basement :chuckle:
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_vice
    It is…but if you want to keep thinking those MF detergents are special… Buddy you got more to see.

I have 5 gallons of Charlies, 1 gallon of their APC and 1 gallon of MicroRestore. After using all 3 on MF`s, the MicroRestore out performs the other two with the APC coming in second. So you`re wrong about throwing away money, especially if you can afford it is effective. I`ve tried Simple Green many times too. So I have seen plenty buddy, thanks.

Just because something doesn`t pan out the way you want it to mean that it`s wrong, or a "myth", or folks are "gullable." If you have a handful of people saying they notice less dust and they`ve tried it on TV`s and computers mean that they`re lying? Are they "gullable?"
    Seth

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information