Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My poor Visa card, I guess one more product can`t be any worse

Post Thanks / Like
    Just used it again last night after a wash...spectactular results... Killer killer stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still working on my 4 oz sample of 425 and I`ll be ordering a gallon in the next week or two. Much better than the Mequiars stuff that came with the clay or the NXT QD.

Has anyone here tried (or even heard of) Auto Tech Wow! Detailer? I found a local auto parts store with old stock of several items I`m going to pick up tonight (had to check on several of them before I wanted to spend my money) such as Mother`s Duration tire treatment. I`m wondering if the Auto Tech stuff is worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Autopia. I`ve already spent close to $500 in preparation for spring, and now I have to order this. :hairpull :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Fast 1 week service - got all my products today. I only had time for a wash (118sc in the kit) and dry and #425 ...pretty slick ...but kinda reminds me of another Very Slick, body shop safe (no silicone) product. Any body ever try Mist `N Shine from Wizards? http://wizardsproducts.com/Merchant2...Category_Code= I`ll see how it is tomorrow or after a second application, or how it is after it rains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkZ28Conv
    Hi White F150,

Can you compare #425 with Z8 in terms of appearance.

Have you tried the #425 on your Zaino vehicle for comparison with Z8?

TIA

blkZ28Conv,

Well, I can try...

Keep in mind that the only side by side Z8/425 comparisons I`ve done so far have been on white and red vehicles. I will be doing more this spring.

Anyhow, on the white, it`s difficult to notice much of a difference. However, the 425 does seem to be a bit "wetter" than Z8. On the red, the 425 seems to have more of glossier "carnauba" look... especially after multiple applications of the 425.

The look of the 425 really does remind me a lot of Meguiar`s Final Detail... with an even better look, and a slicker feel. It also holds up better than FD. The 425 seems to accomplish that without the use of silicones. Although, I noticed considerable red staining on a white towel (cleans out easily) with the 425. I suspect that whatever is used to tint the product has an effect on the look.

Of course, these are just my own personal observations.

Hope this helps.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    Fast 1 week service - got all my products today. I only had time for a wash (118sc in the kit) and dry and #425 ...pretty slick ...but kinda reminds me of another Very Slick, body shop safe (no silicone) product. Any body ever try Mist `N Shine from Wizards?

I have... and really liked it. It reminds me a lot of QuikShine.

The only problem was with the rest of their products. I couldn`t find anything else that stood out. Decent products... but nothing outstanding other than the Mist N` Shine. Being that no one else handles their products, it wasn`t worth ordering just a few small bottles of the QD. Especially considering all the other fine QD`s available.

At least with the 425 I can order by the gallon. Plus, a couple of their other products at FK look promising.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    White F150, I know what you mean ...`till this year ... http://wizardsproducts.com/Merchant2...Category_Code= Only other Outstandings ...can`t wait to try FK- 2180 next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered some 425 to use for shows since you all recommend it. Took 2days from time i ordered to get to my door. I definately can`t complain about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White_F150
    blkZ28Conv,

Well, I can try...

Keep in mind that the only side by side Z8/425 comparisons I`ve done so far have been on white and red vehicles. I will be doing more this spring.

Anyhow, on the white, it`s difficult to notice much of a difference. However, the 425 does seem to be a bit "wetter" than Z8. On the red, the 425 seems to have more of glossier "carnauba" look... especially after multiple applications of the 425.

The look of the 425 really does remind me a lot of Meguiar`s Final Detail... with an even better look, and a slicker feel. It also holds up better than FD. The 425 seems to accomplish that without the use of silicones. Although, I noticed considerable red staining on a white towel (cleans out easily) with the 425. I suspect that whatever is used to tint the product has an effect on the look.

Of course, these are just my own personal observations.

Hope this helps.

Perfect test samples for me. My 2 daily drivers are white (Escalade) and Torch Red C5.

Much appreciated White F150. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I ordered the sample kit, took about 3 days for me here in Ca. The 425 is a pretty slick item for sure....I did have some issues with the 303 hazing up real bad, any suggestions???
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Autopia. I`ve already spent close to $500 in preparation for spring, and now I have to order this.

I was thinking the same thing...
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Don`t know if this helps, but...

#425 US Patent Info

FK MSDS Sheets

You can also give them a call and see what they say.

From the patent:

"(claim) 8. Wax-based composition according to claim 7, in which said aromatic solvent is a naphthenic solvent comprising a major weight proportion of naphtha."

Naptha is a petroleum distillate.

"(claim) 17. Mold release agent according to claim 16, in which said solvent comprises a blend of isopropanol and ethanol in weight proportions from 2:1 to 1:2.

Contains alcohols.

Waxes are used, but no mention of specific types ("carnauba" is not specifically mentioned). "Hydrocarbon wax" is mentioned, but this is a pretty generic statement.

No mention of silicones. Since even a little silicon radically changes how a wax behaves, I think I`m pretty save in assuming that since it`s not mentioned, it`s not being used.

I`m not a chemist, but I`ve worked as one, and had the requisite college classes and labs required for my major (General Engineer), although that was decades ago!

As we used to say with C:

#include <standard.disclaimer>

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick,

I`m sure that you tried the 303 by hand. Yes, it will haze the finish.

However, with any machine, it will leave a crystal clear surface and it does hide MINOR imperfections very well. Ah, and it lasts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Patrick,

I`m sure that you tried the 303 by hand. Yes, it will haze the finish.

However, with any machine, it will leave a crystal clear surface and it does hide MINOR imperfections very well. Ah, and it lasts.
    Negative bence, I used it yesterday with a PC on a beautiful Porsche....I guess its will just take some practicing. I have a couple project vehicles to try it with for sure, cant wait !!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information