Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :clap: It`s finally here!! CMA has finally added the new Blackfire Polish to their website. This is the polish that everyone heard about and is based on the formula used in Menzerna P085 and P106FF. There`s also a new compound for ceramic clear coats that they have listed. However, they don`t recommend using either the polish or the compound on traditional clear coats. So, now that I`ve waited over a month for this stuff to show up I`m not sure that I`ll be ordering any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn`t Menerza say the same thing about PO85RD and 106 AT FIRST? Or am i mistaken
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that has always been the recommendation on the Ceramiclear polishes--which never stopped anyone here from using them on regular CC. The link you posted says that there will be some domestic use of the Ceramiclear-type finishes in 2006. I`m presuming that will be on premium models, like Cadillac/Lincoln/Corvette/etc. And does that mean 2006 models, or starting use in 2006 on 2007 models? Anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Didn`t Menerza say the same thing about PO85RD and 106 AT FIRST? Or am i mistaken
    I just read the page on the CMA website for 106FF and didn`t see any warning about using it on convential finishes. Although, it might have been there at another time and they removed it. But, I don`t remember ever seeing a warning.

Anyway, I think I`ll let someone else be the guinea pig. Once I see some people have used this stuff on conventional clear coat then I`ll decide whether to buy it or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    :clap: It`s finally here!! CMA has finally added the new Blackfire Polish to their website. This is the polish that everyone heard about and is based on the formula used in Menzerna P085 and P106FF. There`s also a new compound for ceramic clear coats that they have listed. However, they don`t recommend using either the polish or the compound on traditional clear coats. So, now that I`ve waited over a month for this stuff to show up I`m not sure that I`ll be ordering any.

I agree with not ordering any. I will stick with my 85RD and 106FF. oh well thanks for the update. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick
    I agree with not ordering any. I will stick with my 85RD and 106FF. oh well thanks for the update. :2thumbs:

Ditto that once again!
    Triple Honda Owner

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m happy I was able to get one of the last bottles of PO85RD when news of it being canned hit. Not only is it the real deal, but it was cheaper.

Looks like CMA is a little late and "missed the boat".

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a lot of people stocked up on P085D and P106FF. I`m sure people will have a supply of those polishes on their shelf for a while considering they are sold only in 32 oz. bottles. I would buy some of these new BF polishes, but I want to make sure they are OK to use on traditional clear coats first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    I would buy some of these new BF polishes, but I want to make sure they are OK to use on traditional clear coats first.

I have used PO85RD and PO106FF on cars without clear cots, old clear cots and new clear coats. With great results! What do you think could happen if you use it on a old clear coat? Nothing.

Buy and polish!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the concern is that the cutting action is too severe and that conventional clearcoat will have too much material removed.

Post Thanks / Like
    If this new polish is based on P085RD then no one should worry. Even if it`s based on 106, which just has more cut, I wouldn`t worry at all. All very fine polishes by Menzerna!

Besides, a good majority of us has polished with P085RD for some time now with some very stunning results. :2thumbs:

As with any new polish, learn how it reacts and cuts then proceed from there!

Those that missed the Menzerna P085RD boat, your ship has arrived! :waxing:

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these the "PO twins" simply repackaged in different sizes?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D

AFAIK, yes this polish was to "replace" PO85RD since they stopped importing it. CMA made a deal with Menzerna USA. Now however, is it really produced in Germany or is it made in the USA under contract from Menzerna given the proper ingredients from Germany?

Maybe like some of the other products under the Menzerna label, but made under contract/license agreements between Menzerna and CMA.

A side-by-side test between PO85RD & Blackfire polish should be done.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D

That`s my understanding. I plan to try them.

I they are the PO twins re-packaged I`ll be one happy man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading the descriptions I`d have to say no. If these are the PO twins in new packaging then why limit the market by saying that they aren`t for traditional CC paint? That pushes me away and says let somebody else take the hit.
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information