Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a QD junky... I love them and have tried almost all of them that are still available. I QD my car almost every day because it`s so easy and enjoyable to me. I probably have close to 25 different detail sprays and although I only use a handful frequently, I like having them all for when I get bored.

The ones that have not impressed me are:

NXT Speed Detailer (steaked like crazy for me and came out too "thick")

WG Detail Spritz (I love the smell, but it was nothing special... and it`s expensive)

Z6 (the performance is okay, it works great over Zaino, but I don`t care for it other than that... and it smells like cough syrup).

Tropi-Care TC-5 Detail Spray (again, nothing fancy, didn`t add any noticable "pop" and a little hard to work with)

S&G (yeah, it`s glossy, but it has a tendency to streak for me)

I`m judging these against my favorites (Adam`s, QS, UGE, #34, #425, Speed Shine, Sonus AS/CS, which are all easy to work with, and leave the paint looking noticably better, each in their own way).

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree on the NXT and Tropi-Care products. I also agree that Z-6 works great on Zaino surfaces.

I`m not a big fan of Griot`s Speed Shine but I know some here like it. I used to like Megs #34 and its newer derivatives but the performance is just okay versus the boutiques.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    I would agree on the NXT and Tropi-Care products. I also agree that Z-6 works great on Zaino surfaces.

I`m not a big fan of Griot`s Speed Shine but I know some here like it. I used to like Megs #34 and its newer derivatives but the performance is just okay versus the boutiques.

I like Speed Shine because it`s so darn slick over a carnauba. It`s a shame the shipping is so much because it`s not priced too bad, really.

I should have added that I only use #34 for aid in polish removal. I definitely try not to use it over a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the NXT Speed Detailer. I have never had any issue with streaking. Griots SS was one of the first QD`d I ever used. Its great but for the money you can get gallons of other products.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars - Not so good, weird smell.

Mothers QD - Basically the same without smell.

NXT- Pretty good, very streaky but worth effort for endurance

Eagle One- not bad

Sonus Acrlic SPritZ- Discontinued? Very good. Expensive

Sonus Carnauba - Very good as well.

In general nowadays I only use these when claying or to moisten PC pads.

But after recently trying the NXT spray I make this my post wash spray.

No more QD`ing between washes trying to reduce micro marring. I only touch the paint now when its CLEAN.

unrelated btw, KLASSE VLRP rocks.. So far its my favorite detailing product, 2nd only to Einzett Tiefenpfleger for tires and Dash.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    unrelated btw, KLASSE VLRP rocks.. So far its my favorite detailing product, 2nd only to Einzett Tiefenpfleger for tires and Dash.

Interesting...may add it to the wish list...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbeat
    Meguiars - Not so good, weird smell.

Mothers QD - Basically the same without smell.

NXT- Pretty good, very streaky but worth effort for endurance

Eagle One- not bad

Sonus Acrlic SPritZ- Discontinued? Very good. Expensive

Sonus Carnauba - Very good as well.

In general nowadays I only use these when claying or to moisten PC pads.

But after recently trying the NXT spray I make this my post wash spray.

No more QD`ing between washes trying to reduce micro marring. I only touch the paint now when its CLEAN.

The Acyrlic Spritz is still available at the Autopia Store. They brought the spritz`s back due to popular demand. I just wish they sold them in economical gallon sizes, concentrated, a la Quik Shine, to save on shipping costs.

I have found it to be fantastic over everything... sealant or carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s Last Touch is the one that`s impressed me the least. It leaves a great finish, but it requires considerably more wiping than other QDs, and heaven forbid you run across a drop of water - do this and it turns into streak city, which, for me, takes it out of the quick detailer category. I need a QD that can be used straight after washing - if a bit of water here or there makes it a bear to use then I don`t really see it as a "quick" detailer anymore.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely agree with you on the WG Spritz--I got it free and I don`t really like it! The smell is awesome though. I`ve also been underwhelmed by Mothers Showtime. No problems, it`s just nothing special.

The ones I like a lot are Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, Mothers FX Spray Wax, and DP Spray Surface Shield. The S&W is an amazing cleaner, the Mothers in an economical way to add a lot of POP and about 2-3 weeks of polymer protection, and the DP is like the regular sealant minus some protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I would say Mother`s Showtime, it just streaked alot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Mother`s Show Time over a carnauba, but would rather use Adam`s, QS, Sonus CS, Speed Shine, or other carnauba-specific QD`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had difficulty with the old Meg`s Final Detail but putting it in a pump top cooking oil sprayer seemed to help. I wasn`t a fan of the first batch of Sonus Detailing Spritz,although I understand that first batch of 8ozs had a probelm.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    I had difficulty with the old Meg`s Final Detail but putting it in a pump top cooking oil sprayer seemed to help. I wasn`t a fan of the first batch of Sonus Detailing Spritz,although I understand that first batch of 8ozs had a probelm.

I don`t like the detailing spritz as much as the as/cs but I have a more recent 8 oz. bottle of the detailing spritz for glovebox duty and I have found it to be very user friendly (i.e. no streaking and easy to remove) and pretty universal (works well over sealants and caranubas). Plus it`s pretty slick. Moreso than QS or Adam`s, but not as much as UGE or Speed Shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The QD I didnt like is Black Magic, I thought that it was awlful. E.O. Wipe n Shine is very good , so is Perfect Detail. I also like the new Nano Spray Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Interesting...may add it to the wish list...

I only really use Klasse VLRP on black plastic and rubber. But I don`t think there is another product like it available OTC. It has a viscosity that lends itself very well to restoring faded plastic to a new matte finish. Is it me or are Germans just better at detailing products?

The 1z leather cleaner is by far the best I`ve used, p21s is the best wheel cleaner, I`m a die hard Klasse Twins user, Einman Fabrik is excellent on my red carpets, etc..
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information