Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR

For those with WG - mix it with one with great slickness and ease of use if you want - add some Four star UPPS or DP spray shield and a great combo is born

Care to elaborate, like ratio, etc.?? I have the WG and the DP Spray Shield so this interests me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Er...that may be because it always was a thick pink cream, #66 Quick Detailer is "a one-step cleaner/wax specially formulated for high-production reconditioning. Quickly and safely removes oxidation and blemishes. Restores deep gloss and provides a durable wax finish."

IIRC from reading on MOL, this is something intended for new car/used car prep with a rotary.

Yeah this came from a 3.78 litre container made in 1990

I contacted Mike Phillips and other meg`s people about it and they reckon it never came out in a thick cream, just a water liquid exactly same as current #66

As far as mixing ratios for WG and any other QD w/ protectant

50/50 or 25/75 (75% wolfgang) worked fine

Tonight I have some more formulations to mix up including a spray polish, ultimate QD with normal and spray type sealers and a wet look ultra slick wash

Almost perfected the wash

Finished a ultimate finishing polish and glaze and by machine works brilliantly, no dust and can work it for ages
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I can`t use Mothers Showtime. I swear it smells just like a medicine I took in the hospital back in like 4th grade and I can not stand to use it. :lol

hmmm...smells like cinammon to me???

Post Thanks / Like
    My least favorite QD is Mothers Showtime. My favorite is Meguiar`s #34 Final Inspection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t like Final Inspection. It gave me streaking. Meg`s NXT Speed detailer was fine on the other hand. I think the QD streaking also depends on the temperature, humidity and whether you use a wax or a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
    hmmm...smells like cinammon to me???
    I don`t know what it is but t smells just like the medicine and it was the nastiest tasting stuff in the world. It`s weird, and I used to use it all the time when I would buy Mothers clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know what it is but t smells just like the medicine and it was the nastiest tasting stuff in the world. It`s weird, and I used to use it all the time when I would buy Mothers clay.

Haha, I get the same thing when using Zaino Z6. It works well over Zaino, but it smells just like the cough syrup my mom used to try to cram down my throat when I was younger. Yuck.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted Mike Phillips and other meg`s people about it and they reckon it never came out in a thick cream, just a water liquid exactly same as current #66

Well, obviously you and Mike Phillips know more about this than I do, since I have never used #66, but I have used plenty of cleaner waxes and none of them have been a "water liquid", but can certainly believe that something evaporated between 1990 and now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate NXT Speed Detailer. It`s streaky and requires a lot of wiping. It does look good on NXT wax (surprise!) but is so one dimensional in its use. Never thought that QDing was so much work.

Post Thanks / Like

Um....#66 is creamy, not watery. The name is misleading in the context of current QD`s. When it came out there was no such thing as a detail spray. On the other hand, #66 is a thick crean like any other polish. Maybe Mike P misunderstood you. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t use Mothers Showtime. I swear it smells just like a medicine I took in the hospital back in like 4th grade and I can not stand to use it. :lol
    The trouble with negative childhood experiences is that it effects your perception for the rest of your life. :sadpace:

Showtime smells like "Big Red" chewing gum to me. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    The trouble with negative childhood experiences is that it effects your perception for the rest of your life. :sadpace:

:lol I don`t remember much from way back then but when I smell ShowTime I sure remember that medicine! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti

my thoughts exactly!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information