Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to do a "cheap" detail today. By cheap, I mean I`m going to use store shelf products. For the exterior I am going to wash with Meguires gold class, then dry with a chaimos (sp), then clay with mothers clay bar, then wax with either meguires nxt or mothers carnuba (which is better?).

The questions I have are about the interior. Right now I have the armor all wipes, but I heard they are bad for your dash, so what could I buy that is good to clean the dash, etc.?

Thanks for all your help.

I have a 2000 toyota celica gt-s 6spd if any of you wanted to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey card,

Meguiars makes something for your interior. Cant think of the name off the top of my head but its Meg`s Gold Class interior something. They sell it at Walmart.

Works great and has a nice smell. I spray some on a terry applicator pad and apply that way. Nice satin finish, not super glossy, and protects from UV rays, etc....

Hope that helps

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kleraudio
    hey card,

Meguiars makes something for your interior. Cant think of the name off the top of my head but its Meg`s Gold Class interior something. They sell it at Walmart.

Works great and has a nice smell. I spray some on a terry applicator pad and apply that way. Nice satin finish, not super glossy, and protects from UV rays, etc....

Hope that helps

Jim

Thanks a bunch Jim. I`ll be sure to look for that when I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    See if you can`t get some Colorx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Armor All is safe now. No need to worry. As for protection, get the Mothers Reflections line. You won`t find a better OTC line, and these products rival the best boutique brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always like #26. It`s a nice OTC wax that has decent wetness, but really darkens the paint.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo
    See if you can`t get some Colorx.

+1 on the ColorX. I used it for the first time yesterday and achieved great results. It left a smooth finish and removed light scratches when used with the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 is my wax of choice! Its good stuff, you can get it at Pepboys, Autozone, etc... You should really check it out.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a Harley Davidson dealer nearby, they sell S100. Otherwise NXT or Mothers Reflection Car Wax should be fine on the cheap.

I use 303 on my interior, but it is OTC for me. I would stay away for Armour All, since you might pick up the old formula by mistake.

If you don`t have 303 locally, maybe just use either the Meguiar`s Interior product that kleraudio suggested, or Mothers Protectant.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages.
    Last I looked, they still sell tons of AA that say "original" protectant.

If they advertise it as the "Original" Protectant, then where did you read about that "AA doesn`t make the old formula since ages". Please post a link to support your statement.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you`ll get it...

Post Thanks / Like
    PadawanPrime,

Look at the top right corner of the Armor All bottle in the pic that you posted. It says "New & Improved". Armor All was changed to a water based dressing and is safe to use. They just use the term "Original" to market it as the original dressing product and not a new product specific kind. I use a ton of AA because it works just as good as most water based dressings and it is cheap and easily accessible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR77
    PadawanPrime,

Look at the top right corner of the Armor All bottle in the pic that you posted. It says "New & Improved". Armor All was changed to a water based dressing and is safe to use. They just use the term "Original" to market it as the original dressing product and not a new product specific kind. I use a ton of AA because it works just as good as most water based dressings and it is cheap and easily accessible.
    Thanks for the reply!

Well, I missed the "new & improved", thanks for the 411. I guess I haven`t looked at a bottle of AA lately. My bad.

Then, by all means, go ahead and use AA. Ignore my earlier post about buying the "old" formula by mistake. As long as it says "new & improved" on the bottle as SR77 pointed out.

Personally, I`m afraid of "mixing" my 303 & AA, so I`ll keep using 303. But I used AA on my previous Honda, years ago, and it seemed to do a good job (despite the ghetto shine). Reading about AA on Autopia and other forums scared me into using 303. :lol But I have no regrets.

Peace.

Thread Information