Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Looking to get a wheel brush but can`t decide between OXO wheel brush and Meguiar versa-angle wheel face brush.

Any feedbacks on them?

This is the rim I`m going to use it on,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer my OXO over my Meg`s brush honestly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I PREFER THE MEGUIAR`S OVER THE OXO. Simply becasue brushes arent like Polymer technology Where it requires so much stuff. All you need is something that will scrub well. No need to get all fancy about the brushes. I have used the meg`s brushes & to be honest they are made out of a real good material. They also have a Patent pending. Stick to meg`s & save on shipping & the ridiculous price for a "brush"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_vice
    I PREFER THE MEGUIAR`S OVER THE OXO. Simply becasue brushes arent like Polymer technology Where it requires so much stuff. All you need is something that will scrub well. No need to get all fancy about the brushes. I have used the meg`s brushes & to be honest they are made out of a real good material. They also have a Patent pending. Stick to meg`s & save on shipping & the ridiculous price for a "brush"
    I should specify my Meg`s brush is the Ultra-Safe Wheel Brush. My OXO is older and has held up better, and I find scrubs better. The lure of the Meguiar`s brush to me was a longer reach, and while it is ok, I still reach for my OXO unless I need that extra inch or two on the inside of a rim.

I also disagree about what you need on a rim. I treat my rims like my paint, and I have seen those who don`t scratch up the clear on their rims. I use a mitt on the face of the rims, and sheepskin brushes for the inside. I use the OXO to farther in and get some mroe stubborn stuff sometimes, but most of the time the sheepskin one works well. Best of all, it was the cheapest as I got them on clearance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya, I treat my rims like paint too. Lowenharts are WAAAY too expensive to use anything but the best and I feel that it is oxo.

Post Thanks / Like
    guys I find to be a little ridiculous to debate about what brush is better. Especially when you know that it will get full of degreasers, acids, brake dust etc.... you can buy the oxo for a much higher price or get the same results with the megs & save on shipping. I sometimes think we are so into the detail world that we fail to realize that soemthings are`nt so different...

Post Thanks / Like
    Those spokes are so wide, I can`t see why it wouldn`t be easier to use an old wash mitt.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been happy with my OXO brushes, but I haven`t used the Meg`s to compare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_vice
    guys I find to be a little ridiculous to debate about what brush is better. Especially when you know that it will get full of degreasers, acids, brake dust etc.... you can buy the oxo for a much higher price or get the same results with the megs & save on shipping. I sometimes think we are so into the detail world that we fail to realize that soemthings are`nt so different...

No, some really are quite different. For example, the oxo tire brush vs. the megs tire brush. The only good thing about it is that it does have the softer bristles around the edge which is a good idea, but it is really bad compared to the oxo, so it sits and collects dust in my garage. Debate is fine, that`s most of what the internet is

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thought -

If you never let the wheels get coated with crud and only develop a light coating of dust/dirt, you might want to try what I use - a 2.5 inch sash brush with duct tape wrapped around the metal ferrule. The long reach gets into the red brake caliper also so it`s a win/win situation.

The only criticism of the sash brush is that it`s really too soft to do any serious scrubbing but I/you don`t need serious scrubbing of the clearcoat on the wheel anyway. Another bonus is the fact that the sash brushes are cheap and available at any paint / hardware store. (I keep a couple of tiny ones in my pocket for crannies and tight places too.)

-John C.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    Those spokes are so wide, I can`t see why it wouldn`t be easier to use an old wash mitt.

Amen That’s precisely what I do with old wash mitts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using some general purpose cloth to wash the wheels at the moment. Wanted to get a wheel brush to scrub them and rinse off, hopefully to cut down on the time spend on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Degreasers? Acids? Not on *my* wheels! Nothing except carwash shampoo and gentle claying except for the occasional big clean-up with Griot`s Wheel Cleaner beofre I redo their LSP.

BHBs and sheepskin for me, with some foam for the hard to reach inner surfaces.

Note that the flagged ends of synthetic-bristle brushes will eventually wear down past the soft flagging and then it`s scratch city. Replace them long before you think you need to (use the old ones on your undercarriage or something like that). It only takes *one* flag-less bristle to mar a wheel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the record, my Meguiar`s wheel face brushes get a great deal of use. The flagging is still proper and effective. I would compare the brushes in question but I haven`t used any of the OXO brushes.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Just for the record, my Meguiar`s wheel face brushes get a great deal of use. The flagging is still proper and effective..

That`s good to know. Maybe the technology has improved since the last ones I used (from TOL a while ago). Just keep an eye on `em to be on the safe side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information