Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I haven`t posted here in a long time but I recently got a new car and it`s got me evaluating my approach.

My old car is an `04 VW GTI that my wife is now driving. My standard maintenance on that is Klasse AIO and UPP. I clay once or twice a year and use a swirl remover like no 9 when needed. I think I`ll keep that car the same since I dont` want to do more work than I have to...my wife likes a clean car but isn`t as picky as me.

My new car is a bright blue WRX. I don`t know if it`s just me but the UPP doesn`t really seem to add much as far as deepness or wetness. It does have good durability and I like that but it doesn`t do anything special for me.

What I`m wondering is if I should add a step or two or change my whole system for the new car....?

I was wondering if adding a polish before the UPP and toping with a carnauba would give me a lot more depth and wetness? I`m looking for an easy to use and hopefully long lasting product. I`d rather spend a few hours waxing every 3-4 months than having to wax every few weeks. I still wash the car every 2 weeks even if the weather is crappy but I have a hard time motivating myself to wax more often. Plus I`m just really busy.

What are some product suggestions if I go that route?

My other idea was to go with the whole Zaino system. I`d been looking at that stuff for years but it seemed like a lot of work. It looks like with their improvements it`s a lot easier to use. Of course, this route would be more expensive and if I can get similar results and only have to buy a polish and a wax then I think that would make more sense to me.

another thing is I would need products where I wouldn`t have to wait a day to apply the next step. That`s not always possible around here.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked on a blue RX-8, a blue that was very similar to the world rally blue of the subies. as you said, AIO/UPP doesnt really add much in the depth and wetness department. instead it brightens up the paint significantly. If you want to make the paint appear wetter, I`d try out a carnauba topper. Natty`s blue, S100, P21S, Souveran, etc etc are all great carnauba toppers that would give you the look you want from your AIO/UPP combo. just note that once topped, you`re not going to be able to layer UPP anymore so i`d suggest that you added 2-4 layers before you top (24 hours apart of course).
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the feedback!

That`s sort of what I was leaning towards. I really like how the UPP protects and it lasts a while but I want to bring out the "candy" in the paint. It`s a really cool color and I know it can look great.

Would it help at all to do a glaze before the UPP? Is there a product that I could apply before that and it wouldn`t counteract? Like you were saying, I was reading that the synthetics like UPP don`t like to be layered on top of most products.

I`ve used the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze before and liked the results but it doesn`t last long and I don`t think you can "seal" it in. I`d like something with a similar result but that I can "lock" in with UPP or another sealer.

Thanks!

oh, I was thinking of giving S100 carnauba a shot since I can pick it up locally. I don`t mind ordering stuff but it`s nice to get that instant gratification.

Thread Information