Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for a glaze to go under Carnuba (Collinite) that has mild cleaning properties. The finish of the car is almost brand new - no marring, swirls, etc. The car is a dark Titanium Grey Metallic. Based on the threads I`ve read, RMG is the preferred glaze under a Carnuba. I`d prefer to avoid a cleaning/polishing step before the RMG. After all, the finish is like new so I shouldn`t be using any abrasives at all but I probably do need to use something that strips all the old product and cleans the surface really good. Will RMG do the cleaning so I can get away with just RMG followed by an LSP. If I`m not concerned about depth (and like the Klasse look), should I just use AIO under the LSP instead of RMG and get the benefit of the added protection of the AIO once the LSP starts to wear off?

Essentially what I`m asking is what is the best 2-step process (if there is one) for a new car when using a Carnuba Wax as your LSP. Is the Vanilla Moose mild enough that it isn`t going to wear away my clearcoat on my new vehicle (well technically the vehicle has 7K on it but the Klasse SG has protected it very well - I want to try a Carnuba product for a while though instead of the SG)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with Menzerna Final Polish II http://www.properautocare.com/menfinpol.html

My favorite RMG and my favorite again Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Wax. But you want to go with the Collinite which is Good stuff and last longer. IMHO ....... Go for it!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    VM is so mild that it is almost functionally nonabrasive. You could probably use it every day for the rest of your life and not hurt the clear any

Or you could always just use AIO, sounds like you might already have some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pink Moose

Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the bottle of Pink Moose :funnypost

On to the topic though, Pink Moose is an awesome product. Gives a very wet deep look to the cars finish. I turn to Pink Moose alot and it has never let me down!

BTW Pink Moose is a mix of Vanilla Moose and RMG from Clearkote

Post Thanks / Like
    Duh, so that`s what the Pink Moose is. That is exactly what I`m looking for. A good glaze with more cleaning properties than the RMG alone but less abrasives than the VM alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, what do people think of this product as a 1-step before an LSP when the finish starts to get some light swirls and minor marring?

http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozpainswir.html

Seems like if you topped it with Collinite 845, you`d get a longer lasting finish as essentially you`d have two coats of wax on. The thing I`m wondering though is if the sealant properties are acrylic like Klasses so it is best to let it cure overnight before putting the 845 on? I`d guess though it is a Carnuba product since they call it a "Wax" It sounds like it is probably more abrasive than the VM but I like the fact that it puts a coat of wax on too. I`m for the least steps possible with the most durable finish (why I`m a Klasse fan that is going to just see how 845 or 476S does in looks and durability.)

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    MEGS #9 is a good choice

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some interesting info from people at topoftheline.com today. Supposedly Blitz and Collinite are `old school` waxes that have quite a bit of solvent in them. They will essentially mix with and "disturb" any glaze that you put under them. Supposedly the S100, Souveran, and P21S waxes have much less solvent and more Carnuba and will not disturb the underlying glaze. Very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and I forgot to mention, she said you can`t layer Blitz or Collinite. The solvent in it strips away the previous layer. I imagine some people here would disagree but I think topoftheline.com is farily well respected as to their knowledge and product line. I`ve always suspected there are a lot of people putting more steps and work into their detail job than is necessary. It`s called the law of diminishing returns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazee
    Oh and I forgot to mention, she said you can`t layer Blitz or Collinite. The solvent in it strips away the previous layer. I imagine some people here would disagree but I think topoftheline.com is farily well respected as to their knowledge and product line. I`ve always suspected there are a lot of people putting more steps and work into their detail job than is necessary. It`s called the law of diminishing returns.
    Bla bla bla Law of Diminishing returns... Yep I know about it. Do we care about it .. Nope.. This is a place where normal laws and conserns about wax and polishing don`t matter. I like waxing my car in the summer I would wax my daily driver every day if i could but once a week is ok. I have collinite and it`s a great wax. and yes you can Layer it.. if you want to call it that..

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    You CAN layer it. It`s just not going to provide twice the durability because you have two layers. Supposedly the difference will be minimal due to the solvents. I think I saw in another thread how these "old school" waxes are having to be reformulated for VOC compliance. Probably due to the solvents.

Everyone chooses how they spend their spare time. I just want mine to be productive/efficient.

Post Thanks / Like
    jazee- I don`t like to disagree with Irene (I`ve done business with her since forever), but you *can* layer Collinite, at least their pastes. And I`ve applied Collinite`s 476S (and the not-so-different Meg`s #16) over glazes plenty of times- it works fine. I certainly respect Irene (and she and I have agreed to disagree before, hey, it happens) but I`ll take my first-hand experience over *anybody`s* opinion any day Since you have two conflicting opinions, you might want to try it yourself and see how it works for you (and I`d take bets on the outcome ).

BTW, Blitz applied over IHG is a time-tested, long respected combo. Back when I first joined Autopia it was *the* approach for people who liked carnaubas, seemed like everybody was doing it. And Blitz is made to be applied over One Grand`s Omega Glaze.

Just apply the wax thin and it`ll work fine over a glaze. People even use NXT over Meg`s glazes, and NXT has (mild) cleaners.

I`d like to hear how the PPG works. If you try some, I sure hope you post something about your results. BTW, I`m just guessing, but I bet you oughta keep it off of black trim But it`s gonna be a lot more abrasive than VM Still, I`ve polished some cars for years and years with more aggressive products and it wasn`t a problem.

wannafbody- Seems like nobody uses #9 any more... :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jazee
    You CAN layer it. It`s just not going to provide twice the durability because you have two layers. Supposedly the difference will be minimal due to the solvents. I think I saw in another thread how these "old school" waxes are having to be reformulated for VOC compliance. Probably due to the solvents.

Everyone chooses how they spend their spare time. I just want mine to be productive/efficient.

I`m not trying to mock you or anything like that but your talking to people who most of them use more then one wash bucket 4 or more wash mits and a foam gun to wash thier cars. i`m sure it take a 1/2 to set that all up.. So most of us here feel that taking car of the second most expensive thing we will buy as a labor of love and something you at times cannot rush..

:thx

Thread Information