Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just wondering how many of you choose what "system" or brand or combo of brands to use on your car?

There are sooo many out there apparently (ie. Natty`s, Meguiars, Souveran, Klasse, Menzerna, Zainos, etc...)

Obviously everyone on here has subjective opinions on what they like, what combo gave their particular color/car/case the perfect shine, etc...

Just wondering how you came about what you use daily/monthly/annually/whatever?? Was it trial and error?? Did someone with the same car in same color effect your purchase?

I am just looking for some opinions on this subject because I have a bunch of cars in my family in a bunch of colors and would like to detail all of them but I am just not sure what to use on what...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    i spent alot of time browsing on forums like this, reading up on products that were in my price range and so on

then order some and try it..some people will prefer a certain look on a certain color and thats down to personal taste

there are also some companys,sites that have sample for free or cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo3002
    there are also some companys,sites that have sample for free or cheap

oooooo....I like hearing cheap and free :getdown

got any links for trials?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do what Steveo does--get info here, think about what I might want to try on my (dark gray) car, and what is in my price range.

For example, I`d love to try Souveran this spring, but its price doesn`t work well with my child`s college bills.

I really give it some thought, as I would hate to have products sitting around that I don`t use. However, it is inevitable. I`m sure that just about everyone has something on the "inactive" list.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re going to get satisfactory results with almost any product you use, as long as your process and techniques are sound. One of the sayings here is "process is more important than product".

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the reviews by other autopians, and I also try out the products if possible. Of course, you`ll end up with unused products, but you can give those to others to get them to start caring for their car`s paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest factor for me is ease of use. If I had a product that looks great and goes on/off easily, I`ll use it frequently. If it smells great, that`s even more reason to use it. Car or color doesn`t make much difference to me. I use products that I enjoy using, whether the car be black, red, or white.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting responses...many thanks...

Well, I was a big Klasse fan when I had my 03 Maxima brand new (but that was with brand new paint and me taking care of it since day 1)

With my 01 black infiniti, I bought it with swirls and less than perfect paint. Klasse didn`t seem to cut it for me (but then again I didnt have my PC yet either)

I purchased Souveran w/o money being a factor. I simply wanted the best black paint I could have (especially knowing how cheap Nissan/Infiniti paint is ) and did some research and Souveran seems to love dark colored paint.

I am just wondering if I should invest in some other products to suit my other car`s needs (as well as future customers should I decide to start a lil side business)

Post Thanks / Like
    having a clean surface try some Red Moose Glaze on your car. Then apply your Pin. Sourveran. 24 hours later take a hand sprayer that has been in the refrigerator overnight and mist one section of the car - say 1/2 the roof. Apply a second coat of PS while keeping the surface misted. Then you`ll get the hang of it. Go to the next section repeat. After completing the whole car start with the first section and repeat process. Then dry car off. You will have the most amazing shine!!!

Wax-Junkie

Zoom - Zoom
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea, remove the rmg before applying PS.......
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    -Read the reviews

-Ask questions

-Call the manufacturers and compare technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    having a clean surface try some Red Moose Glaze on your car. Then apply your Pin. Sourveran. 24 hours later take a hand sprayer that has been in the refrigerator overnight and mist one section of the car - say 1/2 the roof. Apply a second coat of PS while keeping the surface misted. Then you`ll get the hang of it. Go to the next section repeat. After completing the whole car start with the first section and repeat process. Then dry car off. You will have the most amazing shine!!!

Wax-Junkie

Zoom - Zoom

MDRX...you sound like you know your **** about this stuff.....Where can I get this Red Moose stuff?

***EDIT: found it...www.clearkote.com in case anyone else needs it

wow..cheap stuff too good deal :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    After you`re around sites like this for a while, you`ll probably find some members who a)seem to be on your wavelength with regard to your specific circumstances, and b) seem to know their stuff. The products recommended by these people are the ones I`d try when looking for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    The biggest factor for me is ease of use..Car or color doesn`t make much difference to me. I use products that I enjoy using..

Yeah, same here. I don`t subscribe to the "struggle to master a product" mentality and I want this stuff to be as enjoyable as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    After you`re around sites like this for a while, you`ll probably find some members who a)seem to be on your wavelength with regard to your specific circumstances, and b) seem to know their stuff. The products recommended by these people are the ones I`d try when looking for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    The biggest factor for me is ease of use..Car or color doesn`t make much difference to me. I use products that I enjoy using..

Yeah, same here. I don`t subscribe to the "struggle to master a product" mentality and I want this stuff to be as enjoyable as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Read post, and post,and more post. You can learn from here. Just draw you own conclusions and opinions. Use what is right for you!
    MDRX8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information