Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it was search for the "what`s the best XXXXX?" threads and reading what everyone said. it gave me ideas about alot of different products and then I ran searches on each of them to see what they were like. After comparing, I chose the one that I thought would suit me best
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    You also might want to consider the Good Deals Forum here to find samples of stuff you may want to try as well. In some cases, you might find someone giving something away you may want to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I would first do some research (If I were starting from scratch) on the various brands of either a wax or sealant. Then I would determine which type of lsp to experiment with.

Once I decide on the type of lsp (taking for granted that I have the prep arsenal figured out...a vital step) that I want to use, then I`d try experimenting with three finalist lsps, which would be 1. The one that I think would give me the best results 2. The lsp that has the biggest "hype" or best reputation and 3. Another very good, moderately priced lsp. The lsp that produces the best result on my car, in my driveway, regardless of opinions and heresay, will be the one that I would choose as the main wax for that car.

You will find yourself occasionally trying new and different products in order to improve on your results; But remember, the best wax or synthetic for you won`t necessarily be the one with the best reputation, but rather the one that shows up and performs the best in your garage or driveway.

Post Thanks / Like
    -Read the reviews

-Ask questions

-Call the manufacturers and compare technologies

Like Sean I do the above but nothing beats knowing a few experts and talking to them about what they have discovered. There are a couple of friends locally whose opinion I trust but I also order enough boutique stuff to try that I am familiar with the pros and cons of a number of lines.

Nothing beats trying the product out. Here are a few things I have learned:

1. Product hype tends to come and go but good products get mentioned here consistently.

2. Some groups are biased to one product line or the other. Sometimes there are good reasons and sometimes less so. The way people talk about some brands and past reputation and knowledge are important to figuring out which is which.

3. A number of the better brands have owners that take the time to explain the technology and their philosophy on the product. If they can do that well then there is a high correlation with product performance.

4. Better performing products tend to smell better and apply/remove easier in my experience. They also tend to have decent packaging. I think these things while not completely necessary speak to the level of care that go into the product.

5. The absolute best products tend to be continuously refined and improved to stay ahead of the competition.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I would do search in this board 1st. That`s how I did it and it help out tremendious. I started out this board like a year + ago. It took me like 2 months to figured out all those fancy acronyms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information