Post Thanks / Like
    I have a silver Honda and only use Klasse AIO/SG. I have used many products to restore the luster between washes and found Menzerna`s HGAS, Poorboys Spray and Gloss and Jeffs AG as well as OTC stuff like Eagle One WS (which ain`t bad at all for the price). These are basically QDs although I found the Menzerna to be almost a replacement for the SG and probably very similar to Sonus AG (although I have not tried either Sonus AG or the Sonus detailer yet).

I would like to try the Sonus products to see how they compare to the others, especially since I understand the Sonus and Klasse were just about made for each other. But I am also wondering if they are basically the same recipe of my "home brew", much like Jeffs AG seems to be a "watered down" version of Jeffs Jett.

My first question is how do the Sonus products compare to these other products I mentioned, especially over Klasse SG? Someone here wrote about this "home brew" QD (actually it is probably closer to the Sonus AG than the AS) made of three parts distilled water to one part Klasse SG. I tried it in a fine mist sprayer and I must tell you this home brew seems as good as the Menzerna. So easy and, overall, it is much cheaper as well especially since it will be years before I would use up all my SG just applying it the normal way, which in my case is three coats, twice a year.

I really can`t see how this home brew can be topped by Sonus or anyone else since it is SG itself. Unless Sonus has special stuff in it I don`t know about. I can see where frequent use of the home brew would continue to add not only luster but protection as well, much like the Sonus AG claims to do. I use the home brew about as I would a QD (although I make sure the truck is very clean, much more so than when using a QD). In fact, I usually run PoorBoys W&S over the truck before using the home brew. Has anyone else tried this "home brew", what ratios have you tried, and how do you compare it with the Sonus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shortspark-- You`ve hit the nail on the head so to speak about the great advantage of Klasse/Jeff`s Werkstatt products in that they are essentially water-based. You can take ~ 1 oz. of AIO/Prime and mix with ~ 16 oz. of water to make a QD cleaner that won`t strip your acrylic protection. SG 1:3 with water is a great LSP touch-up on an already clean surface when you don`t have the time to add another layer using the traditional application method of a mf/foam applicator and then buffing off the residue.

I have only used the Sonus Acrylic Spritz and it is a decent QD for acrylics. I think the homemade recipes work just as well and can save you a lot of $ since you can buy AIO/Prime and SG/AJ as a "concentrate" and just dilute them. There are an infinite dilution combinations possible based upon whether you are looking more for an ease of application QD type of product or want to leave more acrylic protection behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t there a recipe for an AIO based do-it-youself QD?
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty

Look at the post right above yours

Post Thanks / Like
    Doh. :hide:
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty

Yes, I think chml mentioned it in the post above yours. He said to mix 1oz AIO with 16oz water. I have not tried that but it appears it will give you a QD type cleaner that is diluted enough so as not to strip the lsp yet has greater cleaning power than the SG 1 to 3 mix (which is more of a rejuvenator or enhancement QD rather than a cleaner).

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the Sonus AG yet.

However, I used the Klasse SG "home brew" booster wax this past weekend and it worked great.

I was slightly worried because I used bottled "spring" water to dilute the SG instead of distilled water. However, my SG spray booster wax/sealant worked great with the WOWO method and my car looks amazing (it has 3 layers of Klasse SG under the booster).

Thanks for the tip on this great homemade spray booster sealant.

If anybody else has some Klasse SG lying around and they are looking for a good, durable, booster sealant spray wax, I would highly recommend the home brew of 3 parts water to 1 part Klasse SG.

Because of the question of whether the cleaning qualities of AIO would cause the AIO homebrew to strip off any LSP, I went ahead and ordered two bottles of Sonus AS to use as a QD. I just didn`t want to take a chance of stripping off my three layers of SG for a quick detail.

Thread Information