Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    What a day it`s been! My day started with the opportunity to keep a free pc............I checked the mail earlier & got a Blockbuster coupon for a free DVD rental..........I went to Wal Mart to get some smokes & when I asked the girl for 3 packs of my "brand of choice" ( usually 3 for $8.50) she handed me 6 packs because they had the buy one get one thing going on. ( 6 packs of smokes for $8.50 ) I then stumbled upon some clearanced high gloss black spray paint for $1.00 a can. ( re painted an old coffee table ) It`s been the greatest day ever! (lmao) My free DVD rental turned into "Transporter 2". As I watched it, I couldn`t help but notice how deep & wet that black Audi was! I also noticed the black H2 in the movie was swirled to hell!! (lol)
    BlkTac05, Good for you ! You did the right thing IMO. Firm believer in Karma here. :xyxthumbs

LOL about the audi and hummer sightings in the T2...True Autopian...I`ll look for that if when I see the movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back again for another update: At this point I almost feel a little guilty. I mean, a $100.00 gift certificate from Max for simply doing the right thing is a truely humbling experience. I`m blown away by his act of kindness. Max @ PBMA, David B @ Autopia, Patrick @ Excel & Paul @ Chemical Guy`s continue to exceed my expectations. I can`t say enough great things about their commitment to me as a customer & their ongoing "world class" customer service. (I`ll always praise those who`ve done their best at providing me with amazing customer service.)

Please keep in mind that my intention in starting this thread was never a "Hey, look at me" type of thing...........Until now. (lol) Not only did Max give me a $100.00 gift certificate towards any AutoGeek,Pinnacle & Wolfgang site purchase........He threw in free shipping as well. Just amazing. A half hour ago I placed the following order with PBMA: (Autogeek)

Natty`s Blue,SR1,SSR 2.5,Bold-n-Bright,OCW,FX Tire Shine,Reflections Tire Shine,UPP,UPP Spray,Wurth Odor Neutralizer,Pinnacle Micro Rejuvinator & some Liquid Souveran. After the $100.00 gift certificate & free shipping the total cost to me was $58.39! ( wasn`t able to apply the Autopia discount when using the gift cert. ) Here`s where the "hey look at me" part comes in..........I just added all of that stuff to my $2800.00 detailing product arsenal. ( I kid you not! lmao!! I don`t even detail for a living. I`m just a 20+ year detailing enthusiast who details for my friends & family as well as my own vehicle. ) My order should be here by next friday.

Apparently my luck has run out. The FK-1 #425 that was due to arrive here today didn`t show up. Just my luck. (lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Asonyexec
    something doesn`t jive here. They are repaying your honesty with a $100 gift cert when a PC runs $115-150 retail? I`m sure their wholesale price is not anywhere near $120 for the machine so why wouldn`t they just let you keep it? I would assume their whole sale price on the thing isn`t even $100.

Once you factor back in shipping, restocking etc, etc, etc is the retailer still ahead?

You raise a valid point here. If I hadn`t bought the Sonus SFX Polisher Kit during the Holiday Autopia 20% off sale, I might have tried to work a deal with Max/PBMA. However...... Here`s another issue......Was it right for me to "cash in" on the generousity of Max by accepting the $100.00 gift cert????? The end result is that I was able to exchange my honesty for 12 quality detailing products. Applied the $100.00 gift cert coupled with free shipping & I came away with roughly $170.00 worth of products & services for $58.39. If Max was nice enough to share his generousity then spending over & above the gift cert was the least I could do in return. As the title of this thread states............."Too good to be true"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you sharing about Max`s generosity will make us more inclined to purchase from him in the future, so it`s not like he is left empty handed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    I think that you sharing about Max`s generosity will make us more inclined to purchase from him in the future, so it`s not like he is left empty handed.

I agree with you. Word of mouth is a positive force.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    Was it right for me to "cash in" on the generousity of Max by accepting the $100.00 gift cert????? The end result is that I was able to exchange my honesty for 12 quality detailing products. Applied the $100.00 gift cert coupled with free shipping & I came away with roughly $170.00 worth of products & services for $58.39. If Max was nice enough to share his generousity then spending over & above the gift cert was the least I could do in return. As the title of this thread states............."Too good to be true"
    In the first place, it was a mistake that Max didn`t know about and I think he knows that you could have decided to keep all those misshipped items. I think that when a good person sees another person doing the right thing, then to him, money is not the object anymore, but instead it is more important to cultivate that honesty. To him, the $100 voucher might have come close to the cost of the items he could have lost, but your honesty to him was considered to be priceless. I think that is why he offerred you the voucher and free shipping. Because he is a good guy and recognizes what you have done (what usually happens in society nowadays is the opposite). :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree aaron33. I`m also hoping that many people take the time to read this thread so they can see just what type of person Max is. I hope he benefits from his generousity. ( and the free PR )

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly i think that what you did is something i would consider only idiots to do. But because MAX is the BOMB! i would have done it to. I`m a strong believer in KARMA! * im sure that max decided to say thank you for being so kind. & therefore his Karma hit you in a positive way. Amen. BTW: Autogeek has the best specials all around in the enthusiast detail world. ! :work: :xyxthumbs Im sure you are much happier knowing you got a 100$ gift certificate to spend on stuff you really want. :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    :doh It`s comforting to know that I`m not the only idiot here at Autopia. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    :chill: SO now what do you have in mind to get ? :buffing: You are one lucky DUDE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its simple - good things happen to good people BlkTac! :dance You are obviously a very honest person and in this world today that is hard to find, nice to see someone recognizing it and in return showing you some appreciation. Nice to see a company to that is still honest and has a heart too, in this world most companies only care about the bottom line, not the consumer as much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_vice
    :chill: SO now what do you have in mind to get ? :buffing: You are one lucky DUDE!

I outlined what I ordered in thread reply #47. 12 new products on their way. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I met Max and his folks at his detailing day last month. Great folks - printed up t-shirts, bought everyone pizza and gave away probably more than $500 worth of stuff. I had ordered some new stuff to try out earlier in the day and after all the free stuff I got it was tempting to cancel my order. Couldn`t do that to them after all they did for us. They are about 5 minutes from my house and anytime I need anything I call ahead and it is ready by the time I get there. I`ve pretty much stop using other online vendors, convenience and service are fantastic.

I`m a big believer in karma - about 5 years ago on Christmas Eve I walked up to my ATM with 10 crisp 20s hanging out the slot and a receipt in the other slot though the card was not there. Turned it into the bank who said they would get the money to the rightful owners. One evening the next spring I get a phone call at home someone found my wallet at a local park, lived near my house and would be happy to drop it off - didn`t even know it was missing. Everything was intact, credit cards, a bunch of cash, etc. Turns out they were on the other Little League team that my son just got done playing.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just goes to show you how your actions affect others. This of course being a postive one. Sounds like you got a nice reward for doing the "right" thing. I also gotta agree with the numerous positive experiences I`ve had with all the online detailing vendors.

I know when I bought a bottle of Mother`s Leather cleaner from Autogeek this past Christmas and received it with a cracked sprayer, one quick little e-mail from me led to them sending me a completely new bottle as well as a WG sample within a week. Thats excellent customer service :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I think about it.........The service I`ve received from all the online vendors discussed on this forum has been just fine. I mentioned 4 in particular in my previous posts in this thread that have truely exceeded my expectations. (Autopia,Excel,Chemical Guy`s & PBMA)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information