Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone tell me which tire dressings that do not turn tires brown ?

Thanks

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    ChemicalGuys Extreme VRT hasn`t shown and signs of browning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had no problems at all with Armor All. It is now a water based protectant and works very well. Best of all, you can walk into just about any store and buy it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`ve had no problems at all with Armor All. It is now a water based protectant and works very well. Best of all, you can walk into just about any store and buy it.

Very true. But also very bad because it Attracts alot of dust. Also i hate the durability. I have yet to find a product that makes my tires brown. If browning should occur is becasue you have not washed your car in a while. :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_vice
    Very true. But also very bad because it Attracts alot of dust. Also i hate the durability. I have yet to find a product that makes my tires brown. If browning should occur is becasue you have not washed your car in a while. :dance

Using a foam tire swipe seems to give a more even coating and less dust attraction. My tires (along with my weekly regulars) look good even after a week and some rain. Not freshly dressed of course, but still nice and black.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to thoroughly clean your tires on a regular schedule whether they "need" them or not to help eliminate browning. Once the natural "blooming" of the materials in the tire as it rolls down the road and the unavoidable accumulation of debris and oils from the road is removed, you have a nice, fresh base to get the best out of your dressing.

I just deep cleaned both sides of my tires the other day. Z16 is my personal favorite for dressing.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Armor All applied with tire swipe (like Scottwax says). Klasse VRLP also.

Worst browning I got was from using Meg`s Endurance. It had oily/greasy consistency which tended to pick up dust. Made a mess of tire brushes and towels used to buff it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve noticed that endurance collects dust too... but it`s hardy enough to rinse the tires and then dry them a couple of times and still not need a reapplication of dressing.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Endurance is very durable, as you mentioned. After a good wash, it`s still there making the tire look good, no reapplication needed. But as a user, I end up with a very dirty brush from removing the dirt from the Endurance treated tire. It is durable on the tires, it is also very durable sticking to the brushes. Don`t brush light colored pants on Endurance treated tires! Stains are very hard to get out. Buffing towels are just about trashed when used on Endurance. Besides the great grape smell and durability, there`s not much I like about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Using a foam tire swipe seems to give a more even coating and less dust attraction

this works for me as well. i`ve even used the AA foam sprayed on thin (just below the tread) and spread around/evenly with a tire swipe to a nice matte shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I`ve found #38 to be the best. Tyres stay black for ages, there`s no sign of browning, they don`t collect dust, and it doesn`t have the nasty oily consistency of Endurance.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using Advance Ultra Gloss which I picked up at my local paint/detail shop. This stuff is great b/c it does not collect dust too bad and does not sling at all. Here is the phone number to Advance since I have not seen it anywhere. 215-426-7864. The only downside is that the formula is being changed to meet local VOC laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    I brought a bottle of Endurance Tire Gel since I was out of dressing and I could swear it made the Tires on my Audi turn brown.

I washed them down real good with a tire cleaner and re-applied. Time will tell

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguire`s Hot Shine......goes exactly where you spay it. Spray and walk away!! And

NXT Generationâ„¢ Insane Shine Tire Coating for a extra high gloss. The best.

http://meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar`s %20Brand)>Tire%20Care&sectionID=18101
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Stoner "More Shine, less time", buffed with a cloth to give a more satin look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information