Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I`m just after some opinions in regards to this mater. I have a non metalic red clear coated car (red is similar to Ferrari red) and I`m looking at something different to seal it in. I have been using Z2 Pro for years but I`ve decided on a change. Paint is factory but I`ve had a few coats of Debeer clear laid over top as the red was not clear coated from the factory.

The paint is perfect as I`ve spent a lot of time making sure it`s flat from peel and not a scratch to be seen. All panel preparation was done using Menzerna products and finished in the PO85RD. Now it`s time to seal it in and I`m not sure which is best?

Would you say the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is better than the Poorboys EX or the other way around? Do you think another product would best satisfy my needs? Time is not an issue as it`s a showcar only and I also professionaly detail cars for a living and I only take it out when it`s concourse.

I`m after a deep clear look, but with a nice wetlook too.

I`ve asked around here in Australia from people I know and it`s 6 to one, half a dozen to the other so hence why I thought I`d float the question on here to see peoples comments.

Here are a few pictures of my car to show the results I`ve been able to achieve to date with Menzerna products, followed Z2 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

There is no replacement for displacement

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t say one is better than the other. I haven`t used EX, but I have used EX-P and I have used WG extensively. WG is so simple to use. It very closely mimics a carnauba, and with proper prep (i.e. removing all that Zaino) and maintenance (mild soaps, frequent QD) it will last several months. Since your paint is not metallic, you do not have to worry about muting the flake, which WG does do in my experiences with it, but it leaves a very deep, warm glow.

If it were ME, I would use EX-P and top with a carnauba of choice. I think this would achieve the clear look you`re after more than the others.It would also give you more options with regards to the look (using a carnauba or leaving the sealant be).

One last comment. The Poorboy`s sealants seem to work well with glazes which would make a big difference on your red especially if you didn`t want to top with carnauba. I haven`t experimented with a glaze under WG but I know WG does have its own glaze in the lineup so my guess is that it will work well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    I wouldn`t say one is better than the other. I haven`t used EX, but I have used EX-P and I have used WG extensively. WG is so simple to use. It very closely mimics a carnauba, and with proper prep (i.e. removing all that Zaino) and maintenance (mild soaps, frequent QD) it will last several months. Since your paint is not metallic, you do not have to worry about muting the flake, which WG does do in my experiences with it, but it leaves a very deep, warm glow.

If it were ME, I would use EX-P and top with a carnauba of choice. I think this would achieve the clear look you`re after more than the others.It would also give you more options with regards to the look (using a carnauba or leaving the sealant be).

One last comment. The Poorboy`s sealants seem to work well with glazes which would make a big difference on your red especially if you didn`t want to top with carnauba. I haven`t experimented with a glaze under WG but I know WG does have its own glaze in the lineup so my guess is that it will work well too.

Thanks greatly for the detailed reply (no pun intended)

I do want to put some Swissol "Mystery" wax over the top of whatever product I use first wether it be Wolfgang or Poorboys (or something else if someone has any other product recommendations that would suit better?)

I was thinking EX simply due to the fact it`s carnauba based, where as the EXP isn`t. I`m willing to use whatever product that people think will deliver the results I`m after for the sealant, and then as I said I have intensions of topping it off with the Swissol Mystery.

Thanks once again.
    There is no replacement for displacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Both look very similar and last around the same amount. I have found Wolfgang easier to apply. Here is my Integra with 2 layers of the sealant:

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are excellent choices looks-wise on red, that`s probably why there`s no clear winner.

EX has better durability (if that matters) and WG is slicker. If I were to layer, I`d go with WG.

Menzerna FMJ would be nice too.

Thread Information