Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older WWs

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a good way to use older WWs for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Older as in what My older ones are still OK after a few years` worth of use.

If they somehow got too soiled/etc. for me to use them on the (regular) paint I`d use them to dry wheels, under the hood, the undercarriage areas that show, etc. Or I`d use them to dry the dogs...that`s probably what`ll end up happening with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think windows, but it depends on the condition of the WWs. If really bad, then the wheels or jambs (or dogs :chuckle: ).

Post Thanks / Like
    It still absorbs well, but not like when it was brand new. Yes, I wash it, but still.... I might use it as a QD or for windows. Sorry, I have a cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, a WW would dry a cat pretty well too But ours never seemst to get all that wet...

Have you tried the MF-specific/Charlie`s soaps and multiple (as in a *lot*) rinses with vinegar? I brought back a BBT that I thought was stiff and unabsorbent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Well, a WW would dry a cat pretty well too But ours never seemst to get all that wet...

Have you tried the MF-specific/Charlie`s soaps and multiple (as in a *lot*) rinses with vinegar? I brought back a BBT that I thought was stiff and unabsorbent.

I have a bunch of new WWs, so using another is no big deal. My cat does not get wet, besides ever try to wash a cat, mine would rip my arms to shreads, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried washing it with a MF restoring detergent? Maybe it would regain its absorbency?

I haven`t had to do this yet. My WWs are still going strong.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    Have you tried washing it with a MF restoring detergent? Maybe it would regain its absorbency?

I haven`t had to do this yet. My WWs are still going strong.

No, just Liquid Free Tide. Besides it`s no big deal I have plenty of WWs to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, yeah, I wouldn`t want to try washing *our* cat either! But when she`s wet from outdoors she doesn`t mind getting toweled off

I was surprised at how much better the MF-specific detergents worked. I was prepared to say "snake oil!" but they convinced me with their performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I was surprised at how much better the MF-specific detergents worked. I was prepared to say "snake oil!" but they convinced me with their performance.

That`s nice to know, might give them a try someday.

Post Thanks / Like
    What were you impressed with Accumulator? Cleaning ability? Softness of the towels after washing? Absorbency?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to see how impressed you are after trying Charlie`s Soap Laundry Detergent for $20 a gallon.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    SpoiledMan- Yeah, I plan on trying the Charlie`s. No point in spending more than I have to if I can get the same results! You can bet I`ll be impressed if the Charlie`s works as well for me as it has for others.

Wonder if the Charlie`s is "High Efficiency compatible" We have one of those washers in the house for non-automotive stuff and I`d also be interested in using the Charlie`s for our household towels.

White95Max- After I started using the MicroRestore/etc. my MFs lost the stiffness they`d been plagued by. I was getting frustrated by my MFs, especially the WWs getting a bit stiff (worried about marring the S8 and the Jag). A few washes with the MicroRestore with vinegar in the final rinse and they were all just like new. Nice and clean too.

My only hesitation in trying Charlies is that I wonder if it`s just an odd combination of my (sorta crappy, even with our filters and softeners) water, the washing machines I use, etc. that happens to *work* with the MicroRestore. It wouldn`t surprise me if changing any variable (such as the detergent) changed the results. But I`m so confident that the Charlie`s is good stuff that I`ve started mentioning it in posts like this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a gallon in mid December for my MF towels and it`s pretty much gone as the wife likes it much better than Tide. With 4 of us in the house and me going through 2 changes of clothes on many days we wash a lot of clothes. I`ll be ordering the 5 gallon real soon.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    SpoiledMan- Thanks for nudging me on the Charlies. I just revisited their website and saw that is *is* HE compatible. So I ordered a gallon and I`m looking forward to comparing it with my MicroPak and our regular HE version of Cheer.

Heh heh, I dunno if I want to use it on *all* the household laundry. We run a lot of loads (an seemingly insane number for two people). But it`s not like I usually go back to something inferior when I find a product I really like Luckily for me it`ll be my call as I do a lot more of the laundry than my wife does (she knows how particular I am so it`s easier for both of us if I just toss her stuff in with mine ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information