Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I`m going to be out of town for 7-8 days soon, and I`ve been thinking about whether to get a car cover or not for that period of time. My only real concern is the stray bird bomb as the car is parked outside in a driveway. It`s not under a tree, but there are trees nearby. I`ve had to occasionally clean up some small bird bombs and tree "droppings," but it`s not been every day ... but who knows what would happen when the car`s parked in one spot for the entire period of time.

Anyway, what do you all think? Car`s a daily driver, a 2005 Accord, metallic grey paint, with 2 coats of UPP on it from the end of May. I`m probably going to add another coat of UPP over the weekend.

I`ve checked my local auto parts stores, and Autozone has a ready-made Covercraft Evolution/Technalon cover for $99.99 for my car`s size. I know it`s not a custom-fit Noah or Weathershield cover, but it`s no slouch. The thing is ... $100 is $100, and I`m just not sure it`s worth a week`s trip.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Post Thanks / Like
    TOML - instead of spending all that $$$ why not buy one of those blue tarps long enough to reach from bumper to bumper. It`s only going to be a few days and you`re only really looking to protect the hood, roof, and trunk lid. Maybe tie down with a brick or cinder block on the ground so it doesnt blow away.

just an idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Asonyexec
    TOML - instead of spending all that $$$ why not buy one of those blue tarps long enough to reach from bumper to bumper. It`s only going to be a few days and you`re only really looking to protect the hood, roof, and trunk lid. Maybe tie down with a brick or cinder block on the ground so it doesnt blow away.

Not a bad idea, but the thought of a tarp rubbing against the paint sounds pretty risky.
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Thread Information