Post Thanks / Like
    --I wasn`t quite sure where to post this, so mod please move it if it needs to be move--

I`ll be moving to Arizona in a few weeks and will lose my covered carport

I`ve been thinking about getting the car cover they have at Costco, but since it`s a generic style instead of fitted I`m not sure if that`s good or not. I have a 93 Maxima, so finding a custom cover from Nissan isn`t very likely and I want something to protect the interior from the AZ sun.

Anyway, what would those of you that use car covers suggest? If anyone has opinions on the costco car cover, that`d be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do your car a favor and buy a good custom fit cover. I just bought two Weathershield HD`s from www.webcovers.com and love them. They had the best price out of everyone when I was looking, and came highly recommended by a few fellow Autopians. I looked up your car, and they offer a few different grades.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a custom cover for my Acura TSX directly from an Acura parts website. Basically, Acura just buys it directly from one of various companies out there, and prints "TSX" on it. It is not like Acura makes there own covers. So, you can just go aftermarket, get a decent quality cover, and it will be just as good as one Nissan would sell you.

Some sites where I`ve seen them:

autoanything.com, carcoverworld.com

carcoversdirect.com can fit any car. I saw the exact same cover I bought from Acura there a bit cheaper.

autogeek has a nice selection as well (and, unlike these other vendors, I trust autogeek).

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think the costco car cover would be OK. My friend had one and it did a good job of keeping his car clean. I`m sure a custom fit one would be easier to put on and remove, but the costco car cover is only $45, which is relatively cheap compared to others i`ve seen. I plan on buying one for when I get a new car. Just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by medic
    --I wasn`t quite sure where to post this, so mod please move it if it needs to be move--

I`ll be moving to Arizona in a few weeks and will lose my covered carport

I`ve been thinking about getting the car cover they have at Costco, but since it`s a generic style instead of fitted I`m not sure if that`s good or not. I have a 93 Maxima, so finding a custom cover from Nissan isn`t very likely and I want something to protect the interior from the AZ sun.

Anyway, what would those of you that use car covers suggest? If anyone has opinions on the costco car cover, that`d be great.

Seeing this one, I think that you would really get what you need in some arizona auto repair stores and shops in order to really make things work out. I`m sure that things would make things well if you would do that in your area.

Thread Information