Post Thanks / Like
    I need to find a suitable car cover for my baby, a 93 300ZX Twin Turbo. Its non-metallic black.

Background information:

- garage is an attached two-car, insulated and dry-walled (but not heated) w/ double garage door w/ opener.

- car is stored in garage for 5 months each year (typically Dec-April or Nov-March)

- car is sometimes only driven once or twice a week during busy times in the summer

- the Z is always parked on the right side (if you`re facing the house) year round, with my wife and I`s daily drivers getting the left stall on alternate weeks. The driver door of the daily driver always opens on the opposite side from where the Z is parked.

Here are my criteria for a car cover:

- for indoor use only

- soft & gentle on the paint

- blocks as much dust as possible

- light and easy to handle. Preferably a cover that I could remove and put on by myself and not have it pull or drag it across the car (ie. start at the center of the roof and roll it on front & back, for example).

- is machine washable

- can be rolled or folded up fairly compactly so its easy to store when not in use.

Is the DUSTOP cover from Covercraft my #1 choice to consider. Or are there other options, either better, or cheaper that offer the same quality?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Inzane

I need to find a suitable car cover for my baby, a 93 300ZX Twin Turbo. Its non-metallic black.

Background information:

- garage is an attached two-car, insulated and dry-walled (but not heated) w/ double garage door w/ opener.

- car is stored in garage for 5 months each year (typically Dec-April or Nov-March)

- car is sometimes only driven once or twice a week during busy times in the summer

- the Z is always parked on the right side (if you`re facing the house) year round, with my wife and I`s daily drivers getting the left stall on alternate weeks. The driver door of the daily driver always opens on the opposite side from where the Z is parked.

Here are my criteria for a car cover:

- for indoor use only

- soft & gentle on the paint

- blocks as much dust as possible

- light and easy to handle. Preferably a cover that I could remove and put on by myself and not have it pull or drag it across the car (ie. start at the center of the roof and roll it on front & back, for example).

- is machine washable

- can be rolled or folded up fairly compactly so its easy to store when not in use.

Is the DUSTOP cover from Covercraft my #1 choice to consider. Or are there other options, either better, or cheaper that offer the same quality?

Thanks.

There are some other choices out there for Indoor only car covers but I did end up getting the Covercraft Dustop cover for my Cobra. It has the best of everything that I needed for storing my Cobra in the garage. It has 4 layers of material which also helps against getting dings if the car is ever hit. my only problem is that my Cobras finish is so slick that sometimes it can be a chore to put it on the car while its sliding around. Otherwise I think its great and would recommend it to anyone storing their vehicle inside. I dont feel that there is a better quality cover for less money available than the Dustop cover. Thats why I went with the Covercraft. cost me $150.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe.

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if I get of my old Evolution, I`m going to get a custom Dustop. ( car will still remain zipped closed in a car bag also)
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information