Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

I use a Weathersheild and although it doesn’t rain here often when it does Oh boy! I must admit that’s the first negative I’ve heard on the Noah cover, and a first for using two covers at the same time.

All Weather: Weathersheild - single layer construction, maximum weatherproof, superior dry time, breathable, scratch-less, durable, easy care, and packs small and light made from a durable breathable polymer fabric. Provides protection from UVR, acid rain, dust, dirt, intense sunlight and its storm proof (force 8 hurricane)

Severe Rain Storms: Evolution (Technalon)- a heavyweight, four-layer fabric ultrasonically bonded to provide more water resistance than most covers as well as UVR protection for extended outdoor use, but especially heavy rain protection. Places a soft, paint protecting finish against the vehicles surfaces, also provide impact protection from nicks, dings, dents and scratches.

Inclement Weather: Noah by Kimberly Clark — one third less the material weight of the Evolution cover, a three-layer fabric ultrasonically bonded to provide more water resistance than most covers as well as UVR protection for extended outdoor use, but especially heavy rain protection. Places a soft, paint protecting finish against the vehicles surfaces

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always comment on the ws/noah combo every time I see a car cover post because I`m so impressed with it. Been using them both for about 3 years now. I know it sounds like a big "no no" but it has worked for us everytime :nixweiss
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info/insights. Always glad to learn something new...
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

Severe Rain Storms: Evolution (Technalon)- a heavyweight, four-layer fabric ultrasonically bonded to provide more water resistance than most covers as well as UVR protection for extended outdoor use, but especially heavy rain protection. Places a soft, paint protecting finish against the vehicles surfaces, also provide impact protection from nicks, dings, dents and scratches.

~Hope this helps ~

Anyone used the Evolution cover? We get quite a bit of rain but, I also like a heavy cover for some protection against dings as well as keeping the interior well shaded. If anyone has used this cover I would appreciate your input on it.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Evoluation and Technalon are about the same.

While they are thicker they do not repel water the way the Weatherguards do. Weatherguardis madeof Nextec...the stuff they make winter snow jackets and the like with.

Post Thanks / Like

If you’re thinking of buying a quality car cover, some things to look for:

Protect your investment with a car cover, outdoors, car covers offer unequalled protection against ultraviolet radiation (UVR) they are manufactured to be water-resistant and are available in various breathable fabric materials that provide protection from acid rain, pollution, bird excrement, tree sap and wind blown debris, as well as protection against every type of climatic conditions, can be used for both long-term indoor or outdoor vehicle storage.

For relative ease of handling choose a cover with a fabric weight of between 4-7 oz per sq. yd. Used for long-term vehicle storage, either in the garage or outdoors, car covers protect against accidental scratches and dings from passers-by, car doors, lawn mowers, sporting equipment, bikes and pets.

~Hope this helps ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

If you’re thinking of buying a quality car cover, some things to look for:

Protect your investment with a car cover, outdoors, car covers offer unequalled protection against ultraviolet radiation (UVR) they are manufactured to be water-resistant and are available in various breathable fabric materials that provide protection from acid rain, pollution, bird excrement, tree sap and wind blown debris, as well as protection against every type of climatic conditions, can be used for both long-term indoor or outdoor vehicle storage.

For relative ease of handling choose a cover with a fabric weight of between 4-7 oz per sq. yd. Used for long-term vehicle storage, either in the garage or outdoors, car covers protect against accidental scratches and dings from passers-by, car doors, lawn mowers, sporting equipment, bikes and pets.

~Hope this helps ~

Are you the king of cut and paste??? LOL
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Evolution covers on all my cars. I like the 4 layer thickness for door ding protection. Yes, it gets a little wet when it rains, but I`m willing to accept that for the superior ding resistance of the fourth layer over NOAH.

There is no perfect cover - choose the one with the most advantages and fewest disadvantages and you`ll be happy.

I would suggest you go with a custom fit, including mirror pockets, and buy the cable/lock to prevent cover theft and help keep it on.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Are you the king of cut and paste??? LOL

A lot of my answers come from “Automotive Detailing Inside & Out†it`s not copyright infrigment as I have permission from the author who is some dumb architect

(I hope this doesn’t infringe on the spam rules)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information