Post Thanks / Like
    Have to put my Mercedes outside for a couple of months. Was thinking about getting the Mercedes car cover they sell at the dealers. Is that good or bad? Does it scratch the paint?

If not, what do you guys think if California Car Cover?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad`s got a `91 500 SL and and an `86 560 SEC and both have the MB covers... he loves them. He just says make sure of the basics (clean dust off before putting on the covers, etc.). Good luck with the storage. If you`re not going to drive it, make sure to put it on blocks and drain everything too!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about California Car Cover? Are they any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many, but I`m using one by Covercraft. They seem to have a very good selection and types of fabrics to match the way you want to store. Some are more resistant to rain/sun.

Check the CMA site: Car Covers

This is a good way to determine what you want it to do.

I ordered an Evolution 4 fabric as it`s most resistant to dings as I`m going to Wildwood, NJ shore where the parking spaces are just too damn small and end up with dings do to careless people or kids getting out of their cars. I also use magnetic door guards as well.

Here`s why I`m getting the cover: Reason #1

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever my car must be outside I use a Weathershield and/or Noah cover. The Weathershield sheds water like wax especially when clean and the Noah is impact resistant. I have yet to find one ultimate cover to serve all my needs.

Here`s where I get mine: www.netsweeper.com

The covers are shipped directly from the covercraft factory.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a California Car Cover on my garage queen and I like it quite a bit. I have had the Factory Porsche cover and another "no-name" brand cover. It is quite a bit better than those two, IMO. The fit seems roughly equal with a little extra elastic on the CCC product. Prior to having a garage I tried car covers on a couple of occasions. My suggestion for an outside cover would be look for a cover that will secure well with straps or attachment points for cables to run under the car as well as good elastic front and rear. Some covers provide tabs that you are supposed to shut your door on. I didn`t have good luck with these as they work their way out of the door as the cover shifted.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    My Jag lives outdoors 24/7/365. After shopping around, searching the Autopia threads, and PMing several Autopians, I got the Supremeweave from California Car Cover. I needed something tough enough to withstand our regular hail storms, as well as affording UV protection.

As SVTHorsnake mentioned, you also must take some precautions in your use of the cover. Only apply it to a truly clean car. Never "drag" it along the paint. (That`s gonna pose problems if you have to install/remove it by yourself.) Search on "car + cover" and you`ll find (as I did) even more practical, helpful tips than we can offer in this one thread. :up

Thread Information