Post Thanks / Like
    My RX8 is going into winter hibernation until the temperature reaches above freezing in NYC. With the wheel removed and on jackstands (near r-compound tires) and no garage, I think I am in need of a cover. Due to the location of my driveway, the sun beats down on the car from dawn til dusk with no shade. There is also a large tree near the driveway that disposes all sorts of debris onto the car.

I have tried a generic car cover for two months and I have noticed a dramatic difference in the settling of dirt on the surface of the car. Also I have noticed that the trim and plastic headlight cover has less oxidation when under a cover. The car is protected (sealants, 303, etc), but I do not think that is enough.

I am looking for a car cover under $250 that can handle the elements. I will be washing the car as often as possible even outdoors in below freezing temps, or at least I will try to :lol . Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone????

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious about this too, need an outdoor car cover for the winter. Car is going to be sitting through a chicago winter, will not be driven, just need some protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    eh...depending on where you are in NYC, I don`t know how beneficial it`s going to be ..wind that blows under your car and gets in between the flap and paint could result in marring your soft paint--and if moisture gets in then you may have a mold issue develop...
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Thread Information