The pictures you are about to see are very disturbing and have been known to cause serious side effects to some viewers. This thread contains extremely graphic content such as heavy swirling, random isolated deep scratches, buffer trails, holograms, overspray, tree sap, grease, industrial fallout, stained trim and road tar. If you are swirlophobic, or have a week stomach for severely neglected paint, please click the ‘back’ button now! I figured since it’s almost Halloween I would post something that’s a bit scary...

-Mustang GT Nightmare by Unique Car Care-

The Mustang GT you are about to see, belongs to a family member of one of my best clients. The owner had a slight mishap and scratched the front right fender and needed to have some body work done in order to fix it correctly (more like incorrectly!). While the car was at the body shop, they decided to do him a favor and polish the entire car for him and cover the car in overspray for no additional charge. I’m sure you already know where this is going!...... Yup, you guessed it! They had no clue what they were doing and basically murdered the paint with a rotary buffer, leaving heavy wool pad marring, stained trim, excess polish residue in every crack & crevice, holograms, buffer trails and everything else you can possibly think of.

Besides all of the damage the body shop was kind enough to leave behind, the owner was guilty of neglecting the car as well. There were loads of heavy scratches on every single panel, road tar, tree sap, grease, bonded brake dust, etc., etc., etc…

I explained to the owner what would be involved to bring the car back to life and discussed pricing. He explained to me that he was on a VERY tight budget and that it was just another car to him. He told me to do whatever I could for the price we agreed upon and that he wasn’t looking for absolute perfection. I guess someone forgot to tell him that making cars perfect is all I know how to do!… I told him to leave the car for 4 or 5 days so I could work on it in-between other cars and that I would do my best for what he was looking to spend. I knew this car was going to be a ton of work to whip back into shape, but I was looking forward to the challenge.

Below is what the car looked like upon arrival…