Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2005 Corvette that will be stored outside this winter. Car is in excellent condition and I would like to keep it that way. There are so many covers on the market I don`t know where to start. I would like to keep the price at or below $500. The car is going to be stored outside during a New York winter. The cover will be placed on the vehicle in the next month and likely will only be removed a couple times till next season. I live in a heavily wooded area so tree sap, leaves, and dirt is a real problem. I have a feeling temps are going to be below 32*F most of this year. Bought a California car cover for a car I had a while back. I wasn`t overly impressed to be honest. Seemed like all it did was protect the car from UV rays and dust. Every time I removed the cover the car was filthy underneath, and wet. I would cover the car with a tarp but we know what that`s going to do to the paint! Point me in the right direction guys!!!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    i have always used wolf covers on my Corvettes (C3 thru C6`s). buy the best you can afford. sorry you have to leave her outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danspeed1
    I have a 2005 Corvette that will be stored outside this winter. Car is in excellent condition and I would like to keep it that way. There are so many covers on the market I don`t know where to start. I would like to keep the price at or below $500. The car is going to be stored outside during a New York winter. The cover will be placed on the vehicle in the next month and likely will only be removed a couple times till next season. I live in a heavily wooded area so tree sap, leaves, and dirt is a real problem. I have a feeling temps are going to be below 32*F most of this year. Bought a California car cover for a car I had a while back. I wasn`t overly impressed to be honest. Seemed like all it did was protect the car from UV rays and dust. Every time I removed the cover the car was filthy underneath, and wet. I would cover the car with a tarp but we know what that`s going to do to the paint! Point me in the right direction guys!!!

Dan

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

EmpireCovers-Review

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the recommendation on a Wolf car cover. I am currently using a Wolf noah on my C4 and love it. I haven`t tested it outside, but I`m sure it would hold up well.

Thread Information