Hello All!

Long time reader/supporter, first time poster. I recently had my 93 MR2 Turbo fully restored with a nice, several thousand $ paint job. Color is single stage Jet Black.

My question is to cover or not to cover?

The car is kept in the garage 100% of the time, and is never driven unless the roads are bare dry.

However, I live at the coast, where it is VERY humid all the time! I currently live in a rental house with an UNINSULATED/UNHEATED garage. It is also a two car garage that I keep my brand new motorcycle and my daily driver Prelude.

The problem is... every time I open the garage to pull in and out with the Prelude, the garage door drips water all over the back of my MR2. I also pull in my wet Prelude after driving in the rain and I am worried that the water on the prelude is going to raise the humidity in the garage also causing damage to the MR2 and Bike.

Rust is a HUGE problem on the coast, and I would do anything to avoid it!

To give you an example: I went out to the garage to grab a hammer that was laying out on the work bench, and it had condensation all over it!

Sorry this thread is getting so long and detailed but please help!

Would covering the car potentially TRAP the moisture under the cover? Would it just be better to leave the covers off?

I currently have no cover for the MR2, and I have this cover for the Motorcycle

Thanks for your time!