Post Thanks / Like
    I need a SOFT (preferably flannel or microfibre) car cover for strictly indoor storage. Can be either custom fit or generic, but the inside must be soft enough not to leave swirls or marks on my Black paint. Using a bunch of flannel sheets is a pain in the ***.

Anyone have any PROVEN covers in mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a car cover basically guarantees you will get swirls. Just make sure car is really clean though before you put the cover on and you can minimize the damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a great deal of thought into getting a car cover for my black vette but eventually decided against one. I accidentally laid down some nasty marring from the sharp edge of a micro fiber towel while buffing away polish residue one day. Imagine what marring and swirling a car cover might do to finicky GM paint. I let the car get dusty and simply washed it away on any warm days over the winter. That way, I never had an issue with swirls. But most importantly, resist the temptation to wipe off the dust during those winter months. But if you still want one, look into Covercraft form fit.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually just use a edgeless bed sheet to cover horizontal surfaces immediately after I wash. I haven`t noticed any added swirls from doing this as of yet. Some people use drying towels to cover horizontal surfaces.

I would never use anything (regardless of how soft) on an un-washed vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forget the brand but it is a Dustop cover we use on the Z06. It sits in the garage for weeks at a time and the cover is only on after a wash. Covering a car that sits a long time (especially black!) is the best idea IMO. Keeps dust and other crap from even getting on the paint and reduces marring from having to wipe the car down.
    `02 Trans Am WS6

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an evolution (fabrice type) California car cover, very soft for my inside stored firehawk.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look at the Touchless Car Cover. I just signed up for their interest list - revolutionary car cover available soon according to the email that I received.

Thread Information