Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a car cover for my 01 mustang gt

Cant find any under 350$

I need a good cover that has great out door protection from sun, rain and soft fabric

any ideas thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Evolution IV, brought mine 3 years ago from ajusa.com. I only have one fabric tear in front of the license plate. I think the sharp edge of the license plate cut into the fabric, but I send it back to covercraft and they sent back a brand new one under warranty. Now it is parked outside and it does get wet from the rain. But it is custom-made so you will have a tight fit with little rubbing of the paint. I clean my car really good before I put the cover on. I need a good durable outdoor carport, such as the one you can find on creativeshelter.com; then you don`t have to worry about tree branches, pollen, bird bomb damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Costco occasionally sells one for $35, and surprisignly is very good..

It`s of very similar material to the one I spent $$$ for my car, "stormweave" here:

California Car Cover Company - How to Select

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - - http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-cov...on-covers.html
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a good enema for my brand new Buick and am looking for something that is durable and a good deal money wise too. Looking at the suggestions given in the forum too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one from carid, 320.00 bucks. Coming end of Sept. The Budge covers are total POS. Dont waste your money. Carid is supposed to be a good cover. Its not coated, so the cover takes longer to break down. It was a custom make. The sun is what kills them. Looking forward to getting some time out of a 320.00 dollar cover. I hope. Or it goes back at first sign of early deterioration.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you dont spend a fair amount of money you get a real pos. That was my experience with car covers or anything else for that matter. You know yourself. Like they say, you get what you pay for. Its SO true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have had several covers over the years. Expensive ones, cheap ones, brand name ones, no-name ones. Now I have a couple of big ones to fit the Ranchero and one to fit the T-Bird (both 1977) I bought on Ebay from The Car Cover. Compared them side by side to some a couple of buddies have. They paid anywhere from $180 to $300 and mine were $48 with free shipping. Same covers when examined closely.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham

Have had several covers over the years. Expensive ones, cheap ones, brand name ones, no-name ones. Now I have a couple of big ones to fit the Ranchero and one to fit the T-Bird (both 1977) I bought on Ebay from The Car Cover. Compared them side by side to some a couple of buddies have. They paid anywhere from $180 to $300 and mine were $48 with free shipping. Same covers when examined closely.

`

Thought I`d bump this thred before I started a new one.

`

Customer has an `85 Corniche that is not garaged and might be repainted next year. Searched eBay for "The Car Cover" but no luck.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

LeMarque- Maybe he oughta just shell out the cash from something from, say....California Car Cover or somesuch vendor.` If he can afford to refinish a Corniche (properly) he`ll never notice the cost of a cover; if something like that costing less than $1K gives him pause, he`ll never afford the RR resto/ownership experience.` Maybe this`ll be a wakeup call or at least a litmus test for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d just google car covers and shop around various sites that sell covers. Worked for me.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I use EBay and buy 7 layer, water, sun, etc proof, fit to the vehicle, for under $60, with free shipping. Have three cars, three covers. One is three years old, another is 2 years old and I just bought the last one this spring. `You didn`t read wrong, --$60.00, not $600.00

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone but I think I`m going to use Ron`s suggestion and let the owner decide. I`ve checked the net and even Cal Car Covers doesn`t have an About Us page that speaks to their products being mfg. in the US.

`

And even if I could find a US mfg. chances are they are using undocumented slave labor anyway,

`

Final question tho; I use a commercial laundry to wash car covers for my (limited) clientele. Would it be a good idea to wash a new cover before it`s fit checked to the car?
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend that you follow any directions regarding care, that may come with the cover. After all, they either made or market the cover, so would assume they have more knowledge about it than me or others.

Post Thanks / Like

LeMarque- Back when I was using covers, I quit laundering them before the first use.` I`m all in favor of laundering new textiles of any kind, but in this case I decided to delay the inevitable due to issues with shrinkage (yeah, even the ones that "shouldn`t" shrink) and concerns about killing off any water-resistant coatings sooner than necessary.

`

So I`d just put it on right out of the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information