Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhhh i get it now!!!

Great story :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Coupe - it`s a southern thang! Please don`t get the wrong idea, I`m just a big ol redneck with a love for fried foods and sweet tea, I and 99.9 % of the folks I know get along fine with everybody. That .01% of what we call "white trash" gives the south a bad rap. And yeah, born here, family goes back many generations. But, what`s funny (sad) now is that the south seems to have more folks from the cold north and the rust belt than ever. Maybe it`s because my family use to farm and now the farm is sold and houses replaced the tobacco fields of my youth that I feel sad, when I retire, I`m moving further out in the country!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s great that half the guys here don`t get that joke, makes me feel like we`re making some progress toward tolerance...of course we`re not.

I have used sheets over the car in the garage plenty of times...only downside is they slip off pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t get it, and I hate it when I don`t understand a joke. But my main language isn`t English, maybe I just don`t understand a words meaning? OR I am just too stupid, plain and simple :hairpull

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t feel bad Mark77, you`re not stupid, it`s an American thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s good to see that more and more people don`t get the joke. That means that the "group" in question does not hold much influence anymore.

For those of you in the dark...some pun intended:

The Southern white boss is making a joke that he is not part of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) who wore long robes and masks to terrorize minorities. That`s a simplistic explanation. I`m sure there are deeper considerations, but I hope we don`t have to get into them here.

PS...that was a funny joke...obviously very subtle.

PPS...I`m surprised noone has recommended MicroFibre Sheets!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify, the KKK wore/wears white robes that resemble bedsheets (probably were bedsheets in many cases) to hide their identities, much in the same way other terrorists wear masks when committing atrocities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread count has absolutely nothing to do with softness or protection, just like those insanely high 200,000+ thread counts from some foreign makers are bogus. In fact too high will make the fabric too dense and possibly cause marring. A good all cotton bed sheet won`t harm the car any but won`t do a lot toward dust protection, they breath too much. If they didn`t you`d wake every morning in a pool of sweat!

An indoor car dust cover is the best to use, they are inexpesive and will keep your car cleaner than a sheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    A good all cotton bed sheet won`t harm the car any but won`t do a lot toward dust protection, they breath too much. If they didn`t you`d wake every morning in a pool of sweat!

But I DO wake up in a pool of sweat every morning worrying that my car will be covered in dust in the garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    My car is usally covered in a nice blanket ....of cat fur! Yeah, living out in the country, cats are a double a edged sword - no mice but they do like sleeping on the top of the car. Sometimes I consider having my car sprayed with Line-X or Rhino, might hurt resell though. And about the bed-sheet thing, I`m happy that a lot of people don`t remember that sad chapter in our history. Intolerance is wrong, no matter who you are or on what side you`re on. I try to get along with folks, learned a long time ago that agreeing to disagree was the best way to handle some things.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Think about white sheets.... and the colored workers....thats all i will say lol."

Hm....last time I referred to black people as "colored" I got a lot of heat, nearly banned!
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Edited, I got caught up in the humor and didn`t realize that it could be offensive until now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently picked up a nice XXL car cover for my Lincoln from Wal*Mart for $19.99. Fits very nicely, water repellant and easy to take on and off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had the time and money to invent a "shell" that comes down over you car when you drive in the gararge and lifts up when you want to leave. Think "cone of silence" from the old Get Smart TV show, and if you`re old enough to remember that, then good for you! You younger fellas can catch it on Nick at Nite. Thor - good idea but I`m afraid the cats would think it`s a large scratching post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, I remember that well from Get Smart.

That indeed would be a nice solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information