Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years I have had to learn many times that you get what you pay for. So I have evolved into a brand name snob, and at times has cots me a little more but they perform and most often last much longer then the ‘El Cheapo’ brands.

I have a 06 VW MkV GTI that is parked outside 7x24x365 and I need a car cover. I have been looking at Coverking and Cover Craft and have come to the conclusion that they both make fine products but which one? If I go with Coverking I will be going with their ‘Stormproof’ model, and with Cover Craft it is between ‘Stormweave’ and NOAH’ which tells you what I am willing to spend.

What I would like is your input and your experience with these two suppliers, and here is my ride just so you know.

Life is a PITCH, and if I have to go please let it be in the company of 22 fast women. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have covercraft.

A good custom-fit cotton car cover is a great way to protect a vehicle that`s garaged most of the time. But if your car sits outside, whether in a carport or out in the open, you really need a car cover that`s designed to repel water but still allow airflow through the car cover fabric. But you can still consider some volvo car cover and feedbacks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, did you decide on a car cover? I have a Supra daily driver, and i need a cover for the wet, humid Florida wether. I have about three covers, all are great covers, but when they get wet forget it, to heavy and to wet to put in my car after a Florida down pour. Since my car sits outside all day long, in the Floida sun, I need a great UV protection as well as water proof, and light weight cover. Have you seen anything that you would recommend ? A lady at work has an OEM Ford Mustang cover that looks really nice, but no one seems to know who makes it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to follow up. I had a Coverking stormproof and a covercraft noah. The noah blows off very easily, even when it was tied down in the middle. They sent me some extra grommets so I can make a longitudinal (hood to trunk) tie down strap. I did not have the same problem with my coverking cover... Also ice/snow slides off the coverking more easily, but it doesn`t provide the same padding as the covercraft.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW I broke down and got a coverking satin since my car is garaged 24/7, the body fit was good but where the mirror pockets were, they were way too big, I emailed them and was told to send it back prepaid. I am still waiting for it to come back, this week they say, well see.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tree limbs may pose a bit of a problem as most car covers are not "hard shell". I`d look at California Car Covers to find the best one that will fit your budget and needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have used alot of car cover brands and none of them so far lived up to their claim. i just want my car dry amidst the change of weather, still on the path of tracking the best out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would vouch for the Covercraft covers, especially the Noah ones. Check out this page with lots of reviews on it:

Covercraft Noah Car Cover - Custom Fit Noah Car Cover - 800+ Reviews - Videos & Installations

Post Thanks / Like
    The coverking covers are nice too, but I have always used covercraft

Thread Information