Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Noah Car Cover for my 2003 5 series BMW and I`ve had a hard time putting on the car cover. The car cover is custom made for the car.

Does anybody have a good technique for putting on a car cover?

Any input would be helpful, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine came with instuctions....when taking it off you should roll back about 3 feet at the front an rear...and then fold the sides into the middle of the roof...and finaly continue to roll up the front and rear sections

that way when you go to re fit it...place the cover on the center of the roof and it shoud be easy to unroll the front and rear ....then the sides ! still not easy if theres any breeze

Post Thanks / Like
    If the weathershield has mirror pockets like mine does for the Mach 1: Place the cover on the roof and put each mirror cover on first. That "places" the cover and it won`t slide off. Then stretch over the front, finally the rear.

Fast-easy-scratch free

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

What kind of cover do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greer
    Does anybody have a good technique for putting on a car cover?

Be systematic; always do it the same way.

Fold it up the same way and then unfold it accordingly.

Put it on the roof and yeah, get the mirrors in the pockets first. From there it`s just front or back, right or left, whichever you`re gonna remember to do the same way every time.

I pick the ?front/back-first? based on the vehicle- usually, one will make things more secure than the other; the "wrong" one first will result in a lot more slipping around. Try it both ways and see which works best for *you*.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that the most popular car cover on this board is: Weathershield HD, is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greer
    It seems that the most popular car cover on this board is: Weathershield HD, is that correct?

Absolutely. I love mine and nothing seems to get through it.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem is that my car is very slippery from the LSP and I`m short, so I have trouble keeping the cover on the car as I pull each side....it tends to slide around (wincing as I think about potential scratches)

Post Thanks / Like
    Then maybe you oughta do the front/back unrolling first, rather then the mirrors-first approach. Get it over the front and rear bumper covers, then unfold it so it`s lying over the sides, then tuck each mirror into its pocket. I think you`re just gonna have to try different approaches (with the car spotlessly clean) until you find the one that`s best for you.

FWIW, I always ended up getting marring from the dirt/cover friction, but it`s just the lesser of various evils (compared to not covering).

Post Thanks / Like
    We`re in the process of moving and I finally found a house to rent this week, with only a week+ to spare before we have to be out of our old place. It`s a great house in a fantastic location, but no garage. Sheesh, there`s barely even a driveway. The house is so old (1912) that accomodations for cars were an afterthought. We have a choice to either park on the street, or a driveway off an alley in back. There`s a hill on the alley and I can`t even get my car into the gravel driveway without spinning the tires and scraping. The landlord said he`s going to grade the driveway so it`s accessible, so hopefully that will happen in the next couple weeks. Anyway, now there`s a good chance I`ll be in the market for a car cover. I`m especially hesitant since I had a partial repaint and bodywork done less than a month ago, so the paint will be even more inclined to get scratched by a cover. I also feel like I have even more motivation to get the windows tinted, both to keep out the sun and to keep prying eyes out of my car when it`s parked where others can get to it.

Thread Information