Post Thanks / Like
    Several websites like formercop.com and speedingticketny.com point back to a

NY speeding ticket/traffic attorney Matisyahu Wolfberg. Anybody have any

experiences with him?

Never had a ticket in 20 years and hundreds of thousands of miles miles of

driving - and don`t plan to again. Of course in NY that doesn`t mean a thing

with the TVB, or the overinflated NYC fines and insurance rates.

Thanks.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    have fast were you going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Multilane highway. Light traffic. Did not look at speedometer, or patrol car on the

shoulder, while passing the truck that had been dragging a metal bar in front of me.

Officer said 70. (10 mph over prevailing speed - but 20 over posted limit.) Would mean

hundreds in fines, and hundreds more in insurance increases. In that particular situation

I judged passing was safer - but in future, even with traffic behind me, I would brake and

try to drop way back.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can look up Attorney`s for Traffic Court in the yellow pages. Even if you don`t find this guy they all will do about the same since your not up for something serious (like DWI, or a traffic violation resulting in death).

That same thing is to either get the ticket reduced or dropped. But here`s the rub, a lawyer is not going to be cheap either, a few hundred bucks at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    sg11- Be sure to mention the dragging metal bar when in court. I`m a little surprised the cop didn`t let you off and go chase down the (potentially dangerous) truck; I`ve had that sort of thing happen before and I never got cited.

Post Thanks / Like
    The National Motorists Assn. Im sure you can google it refererred me to a NJ lawyer that beat my last ticket. When I think about it with his charges I would have been better off to try to deal with the prosecutor directly. I forget what he charged but im guessing 300?

The courts just want the money and could care less about points so they plead it down to impeding traffic or something like that. You can do this yourself if you keep it professional and dont let emotions get in the way, treat the prosecutor like a buddy, he just wants his day to end like everyone else. Just ask what can I do to get this reduced, I have no record and would like to keep it that way. Mention your not against the court assessing a fine since you know you were in the wrong but you cant afford your insurance rate increasing. They are people too, it does work.

Best advice go to court a few nights before your case, watch how deals are made. Don`t walk in with no background. Good luck.

Once in Parsippany the cop didn`t show and the judge rescheduled my case for 30 days, I raised holy hell and said If I did`t show I would have a warrant, now you want me to come back because the prosecutor cant get his case together? How about we fine him and call it a night. The judge smiled and said have a good night, case dismissed. I got 3 more tickets dismissed by that same judge over the years. Fair guy....... He would never let cops issue tickets at the bottom of a hill, he would say are they supposed to ride the brakes the entire way down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy
    The National Motorists Assn. Im sure you can google it refererred me to a NJ lawyer that beat my last ticket. When I think about it with his charges I would have been better off to try to deal with the prosecutor directly. I forget what he charged but im guessing 300?

The courts just want the money and could care less about points so they plead it down to impeding traffic or something like that. You can do this yourself if you keep it professional and dont let emotions get in the way, treat the prosecutor like a buddy, he just wants his day to end like everyone else. Just ask what can I do to get this reduced, I have no record and would like to keep it that way. Mention your not against the court assessing a fine since you know you were in the wrong but you cant afford your insurance rate increasing. They are people too, it does work.

Best advice go to court a few nights before your case, watch how deals are made. Don`t walk in with no background. Good luck.

Once in Parsippany the cop didn`t show and the judge rescheduled my case for 30 days, I raised holy hell and said If I did`t show I would have a warrant, now you want me to come back because the prosecutor cant get his case together? How about we fine him and call it a night. The judge smiled and said have a good night, case dismissed. I got 3 more tickets dismissed by that same judge over the years. Fair guy....... He would never let cops issue tickets at the bottom of a hill, he would say are they supposed to ride the brakes the entire way down.

In New Jersey when you get a speeding ticket use the statute that was put in place by Gov. Whitman back in the year 2000. When you go to court after not pleading guilty on the ticket go see the Prosecutor and tell him you want to use the Driving in an unsafe manner statute and they will drop the points from the ticket. I had a 77 in a 55 mph ticket about 3 years ago on route 23 in West Milford and used it in the Hardyston courthouse when I went to court. they dropped the 4 points and only charged me $50 more than the fine on the ticket. well worth it to me. you can use this statute 2 times in your lifetime so I still have 1 to go. you dont need to pay some lawyer do it yourself. Its easy. Not all towns are the same though. some might not drop all the points totally but others will. depends on the judge and prosecutor.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

---------------------------------------------------

2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe.

2004 Majestic Blue Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, as I understand it, for whatever reason, unlike the

local courts in the rest of NY, all of NJ, or most of the USA - for an administrative violation like

speeding - the TVB is set up to be "all or none" - no pleas or reductions - either all points

and fines, or none. And so is heavily weighted towards the former. Go figure: a criminal

violator is able plead to a fine, etc., but a non-criminal violator can`t.

Thread Information