Thread: jeep rubicon

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone got a rubicon how do ya like it ? any news would be good to here

Post Thanks / Like
    What would you use this Jeep for? A daily driver with little to no wheelin, or alot of offroading?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i gotta couple off raod parks near my house about 1.5 hours away and of course driving it all winter. On the beach in summer just kinda looking at them i like the looks just did not know if it was overkill with the set up of dana 44 and lockers at both ends .

Post Thanks / Like
    Try www.jeepsunlimited.com. The Rubi is a serious machine. If I were you, go for a Jeep Unlimited (the long wheel base Wrangler). I had a short wheel base Wrangler and it was not fun on the highway. BTW, the 6 cylinder is solid but drinks gas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, If you plan on modding it yourself, adding bigger tires, different rims, lift kit, etc. its not really worth the extra money (IMO) to purchase the Rubi. But if its the lockers you want, then you have to decide if the extra money is worth it from the factory. You can get an Unlimited, or sport or any model if you order it from the factory with the Dana 44 rear stock. I bought mine right off the lot with the dana 44. I do recommend gtting the 44 on which ever jeep you decide to go with. The rubi is set up for rock crawling in a sense so ask yourself if you will be doing alot of that.

Having a Jeep is like a hobby, you will be always looking to mod it. JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket.

Stock Jeeps are very capable off road, so ask yourself, " is the extra money for a rubi really worth it?" If you do get a Jeep, you will love it, Just remember to wave at fellow Jeepers.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah basically what lee said

if you get a regular TJ just be sure to get the D44 rear option. if you decide to get into the 4x4 thing heavily. The axles can be modified to be just as strong (probably stronger than the rubi axles) the rear would be about $1000 to lock and regear, the front end would be about $2000 to swap in a hp30, alloy axle shafts, locker, and gearset (stonger than the rubi front)

the rubi "front 44" is really a joke. it is just a std D30 front end with a d44 pumpkin. same weak shafts and brakes etc. it has a electric locker too.

only thing worth while on the rubi is the 241j transfer case. you will only really notice the differnce between the std 231 and 241j is if yo do rockcrawling though
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t get a Wrangler if it rains by you, they leak pretty bad. Friend of mine had his `04 Rubi taken back under the lemon law because they couldn`t fix a leak. Now before you say so what, a little leak, this was 2" of standing water in the car in a mild So Cal rainstorm on paved roads that were not flooded in a 10 minute drive. I`m thinking about buying this lemon but I won`t drive it in the rain, just a toy for us if I can get it cheap enough. Many of them rust and get mildew from people not drying them out properly. On the Jeep forum they say there`s two kinds of Jeeps, the kind that leak and the kind that will leak. The Rubi does have a much better feel and handles better than the Sport so it`s worth the extra dough. Also, it`s lifted slight, has 16" wheels, nicer overall look. If you are into modding it totally you can get the X as it`s cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I test Drove one not to long ago. They are so much fun. Even to cruise arround in there cool. Didnt get a chance to take it off roading with the salesman right next to me

Thread Information