Post Thanks / Like
    A while back I was considering one of these cars. Well I took the plunge. 2001 LS V8 w/ 35k miles.

I`ll post better pictures once I detail it. The car was filthy inside and out when I bought it.

Post Thanks / Like
    those cars seem to be a great value when 3 -4 years old. I hope it turns out to be a good one!
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Fords, Lincolns, and Mercuries............... Never!

I love the look of most Fords and most Lincolns, but reliabiliy, constant maintenance, poor brakes, and the cheap nature of the vehicle itself always keeps me far, far, away. I own a mustang, my mother owns a Taurus and, b/w the two of us, one was always in the shop for something; usually brakes. Nice looking car though. I hope you enjoy it!

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Looks to be in awesome shape. Always nice to have another Lincoln on the board.
    If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.
    Fords, Lincolns, and Mercuries............... Never!

I love the look of most Fords and most Lincolns, but reliabiliy, constant maintenance, poor brakes, and the cheap nature of the vehicle itself always keeps me far, far, away. I own a mustang, my mother owns a Taurus and, b/w the two of us, one was always in the shop for something; usually brakes. Nice looking car though. I hope you enjoy it!

JJ

Funny I have owned Fords for years and haven`t had any of those problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Glass

Me neither... my Mark VIII is like new. Usually people who have constant brake problems are causing them themselves. I have no clue as to why but if you have problems on more than one car I think the problem is with the driver (riding brakes, too much pressure, something.) I always wondered why some people need new pads every 15,000 miles while others can go 35,000 or more

Oh, by the way, beautiful LS by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    I always wondered why some people need new pads every 15,000 miles while others can go 35,000 or more.

New front brakes at 29,000 miles and the same rear brakes at 41,000 miles (although I was told they will need to be replaced soon) :wavey
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I have driven Fords & Lincolns over the years with no problems. In fact I just got rid of a F-150 King Ranch Supercrew for my RX-300. It was NEVER in the shop for ANYTHING.

I have to say that the newer body style Town Car does nothing for me but they used to be BEAUTIFUL cars.
    2004 Lexus LS 430 Ultra Lux Crystal White/Ivory

2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD, NAV, ML, DVD Crystal White/Ivory

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT, Laser Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexuslvr
    I have driven Fords & Lincolns over the years with no problems. In fact I just got rid of a F-150 King Ranch Supercrew for my RX-300. It was NEVER in the shop for ANYTHING.

I have to say that the newer body style Town Car does nothing for me but they used to be BEAUTIFUL cars.

I used to drive an F-150 and an `89 Thunderbird, and they were the most rugged vehicles I`ve ever owned. Mr. Glass, that LS looks FINE; I wish it were mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Glass

Ditto, I have owned Fords most of my life and they have been the most trouble free vehicles I have ever had. The Mustang is just south of 70K miles and she has never given me a bit of trouble.

I have been looking for a daily driver myself and I am thinking about getting another Contour. I had a 98 Contour SE Sport before the Mustang but, I am thinking about an SVT Contour this time. They are fun little cars to drive.

Here is a pic of the Contou SE Sport.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a 98 Contour SVT over a year ago for a daily driver. Basically troublefree. However now the car needs an A/C recharge, front brakes and the "clock spring" in the steering wheel replaced (it controls horn, cruise and airbog). Not complaining at all, I`ve had numerous Fords and a few Mercury`s and all have been almost completely trouble free. Alot comes down to driving style and maintenance!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I really like the Contour with the V6 and the 5-speed tranny. I have wanted an SVT for a while but I can never find one close to me with low miles. Many of them have been modded as well and I like stock/factory cars myself.

Thread Information