Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my next period statement for my Geico Auto Insurance, 1/21-7/21. MY premium went up 15%, ironically! CA has some new tax or is raising the standard for GD`s as of January first effecting my rates. I called and they told me that because I do not qualify for the 5 year CA good driver discount (partial fault accident 4.5 years ago) that I will see that increase until it drops off the day before my next period starts. At that point my AI drops almost 40%. Anyone else effected?

25yo male, partial accident driving a 4WD SUV= $1600/year

-Andrew.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you have Geico anyway. I would never use those guys. Sure their commercials are funny, but that shouldn`t get you to want their insurance. I have never found geico to be any good as far a rates. I had a 2003 Supercharged Mustang Cobra. $1450 for 6 months, there is no reason you should be paying that much for an SUV. Unless it`s the Mercedes G wagon! My advice to you would be going with Esurance.com, I pay $750 for 6 months for my Altima! Search around, it`s the best thing I ever did!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, I have been fairly happy with Geico for the past 6 years. Never had or heard anyone else that has had problems with them. I was simply inquiring if anyone else in CA rates have gone up/ been affected yet. :nixweiss

I said,
    4WD SUV= $1600/year
    not per six months.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just moved from CA, but my rates were going up while I was out there. It`s just the industry. It sucks right now. Unfortunately, for your age and with a partial accident, 4WD SUV, that isn`t too surprising for me. I`m a few years older than you, driving a 97 Accord SE (not the EX engine), clean record and I was paying about a grand a year.

I just shopped around for insurance out here. Check out 21st Century. I just switched to them (less than half price of what they others were doing) and have been happy. They are a good carrier.

I`m going to get GEICO for my Motorcycle out here. They aren`t a bad company at all. Not sure if you have any other insurance (homeowners or renters) but if you do, check with them and see if they can give you a discount. Also, check with AAA. That`s who I had and although they were going up, they still weren`t bad.

Important things to look for are customer service/claims hours and also their AM Best or S&P rating (should be an A- or higher). The only bad thing about GEICO, 21st century, AAA, etc is that you don`t have an actual agent. You get whoever answers the phone at the customer service center.

I have a friend in Oceanside that works for Farmers. If you`d like a free quote, email him at paulcassidyinsurance@hotmail.com. Tell him Scott Hunter recommended him to you. The accident thing might hurt you, but that will be everywhere.

Also, call GEICO and check into revising your policy. If you were licensed at age 16, you know have 9 years of driving experience, which is a rate drop. Also, make sure all your info is correct (annual mileage, garaged, lojack, etc) and look into dropping comprehensive coverage as your vehicle is getting a little older. Also, if you have the money in the bank, look into raising your deductible. Going from $250 to $500 can make a big difference.

Bottom line, I`d at least go to www.21st.com and check. They`ve been aggressive trying to get new business and have been kicking out some great rates. Good luck and let me know what you find.

Thread Information