Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a brand new `91 Vette with an automatic and it was so boring for me that I traded it in for a new `92 six speed less than a year later (my wife made me get the same color so the neighbors wouldn`t talk about me getting a new Corvette every year!). I still have the `92 and still love rowing through the gears everytime I drive it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I definently think that a lot of the reason that manuals are so prodominant in sprots cars, is because it`s fun. Nothing beats an auto in a drag, but a manual is so fun! I know in my Civic, and that`s not that sporty at all, but you can`t replace the feeling you get when you bring it up to 6000 RPM and slam it in second. You feel so "in tune" and in control of the engine. But after I drive it for a weekend, I definently appreciate going back to my Grand Prix, which is an auto. It does get tiresome to have to shift all the time, especially when starting on hills. I`v been very impressed with Pontiac`s transmissions, the Grand Prix shifts hard and solid, I quite frequently have it up to 5000 RPM, while in the performance shift mode. A friend of mine has a Trans Am, and it`s amazing in that car too. I was surprised when I found an auto could do that, as before I had thought that autos didn`t have the torque of manuals. He`s got about 500 HP in the engine without nitrus oxide, that car is amazing. It`s not far from the truth to say that your nipples touch your shoulderblades (a quote I heard from somewhere lol). He`s going to get juice for it, and then he will approach all he can do, with that block etc. Where he lives, he`s hit 160 in races. Pretty good! He`s got a 3000 RPM stall, and many other modifications he`s done himself. I`d like to get a Trans Am myself, as they are amazing cars for the price you can get them used. Nothing beats the feeling of RWD! (Except maybe manual lol). RWD, that`s one thing I wish I had in the GP, except for now (snow snow snow). Guess that`s what sandbags are for.
    metload1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information