Thread: To NJ members

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone done a free quote on GEICO. Com?

I just got a quote online and my jaw dropped. My rates are down $676 per year for my one car policy with near Identical coverage. I did opt for a higher comprehensive deductible but the difference in price was 50 bucks a year there. I haven`t had a claim in 10 years, no points. Car is a 2003 BMW which I imagine is pretty hard to get hurt in what with 8 airbags but still why the huge difference? since they haven`t been in NJ long I have no exp. with them.

I have heard bad things about them on BMW forums but as a former insurance adjuster (On planes) I can attest that people often don`t know what is covered and what is not. In reading those posts I can usually see the person is being unreasonable. Im still leery of taking this policy, its just seems too good to be true.

Anyone else look into GEICO?

Post Thanks / Like
    GEICO apparently is the Cheapest *player* around. I currently have GEICO in Brooklyn, NYC - $3400 yearly with 1K deductiables on a 2003 X5 4.4. I looked at them last when I was insurance shopping (others were asking as high as $7500 yearly). I figurerd Geico would have been up there too since they do ALOT of advertsing but the rate I received was really good !

When it comes down to *claims*, they pay bodyshops the cheapest. I just got some interesting info from the bodyshop I use. Their calculated labor rate is $36-37 hour whereas other companies pay an average of $50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geico is good. Progressive is better, but don`t cover in NJ because of the high risk. My advice is to move.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a comparison with NJ Manufacturers? Im real real happy with them but if I can save a little money what the heck, I havent had a cliam in 10+ years either.

Post Thanks / Like
    GEICO was $300 higher than NJ Manufacturers for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard from some coworkers that Geico was higher for them as well. Im still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one, al most $700 bucks a year less for me. Just doesnt seem right but so far they have been great. I was hit from behind recently and Geico was unbelievably quick to answer my questions and help me out. We will see on renewal I guess.

Thread Information