Post Thanks / Like
    I`m picking up my shiny new Mazda 6s this afternoon from hammerauto and want to get a tint and clear bra done soon. No stupid rock chips on this car .

Mr. Tint did a great job on my previous car, does anyone else have any other recommendations? Preferably in the San Jose area.
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, all the places I know are in Sacramento.

Any pics of the car? Color? Options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Automall Tint Factory in Fremont for tint. Sidney is the owner; did an excellent job on my G35c. He`s done a bunch of the cars from Bay Area owners on the G boards and everyone has been very pleased.

Invisiguard (Marin or Sonoma, I think) also has an excellent rep on the G boards: Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

My clearbra is by Clear Armor (installed @ the dealer): http://www.cleararmorinc.com/home/index.html

They can no doubt point you to a local installer. A guy in Concord did mine and it was an excellent install (don`t remember his name, though). It`s one of the more expensive kits; it can be had in the high $600`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered doing the clear-bra yourself? If you`ve got a the facilities to do so, I think installing it yourself might not be a bad idea, which is what I plan to do for my next car. Otherwise, be thorough in your due diligence when selecting someone to have it installed. I had the XPEL clear-bra installed on my new Audi A4 by Daniel Gill Design Studios in Burbank and I was not pleased at all with the job he did... He left swirls, fluids etched into hood from letting it dry under the sun (didn`t bother to at least wipe the excess fluid), fingerprints all over the car, shoe scuffs galore and excess marring in areas of the clear bra where he had trouble squeegeing out a bubble.

Post Thanks / Like
    for a top notch tint job it has to be california tint and polish. Bob`s a hell of a nice guy, and a perfectionist!

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    did you ever get your car tinted? I also got my tint done at Automall Tint Factory in Fremont by Sidney and Stan (there is a pic of my car--Mazda6 on the website). They did a superb job in my opinion
    swirl marks = enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the premier mobile group to install the clear bra on my SC 430 and LS 430 (sam@premiermobilegroup.com). He did an outstanding job on both cars. I would highly reccomend him, great installer, very competent and borders on being a perfectionist. He also does window tinting. Located in San Francisco but he traveled to Sacramento to do the install in my home.
    Lou K

Post Thanks / Like
    love2shine, I ended going to Mr Tint which was less than a mile from my home. They did a pretty good job
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad to hear that. Someone at the Mazda6club forum had his 6 done at Mr. Tint and it was a lousy job. The curvature of the window plus the thickness/material of the film (I think they use the metalized Quantum film) make the job very difficult. But I am glad you like your tint!
    swirl marks = enemy

Thread Information