Post Thanks / Like
    Back on Jan 16 I was involved in an accident ,1998 Volvo V70 AWD, where a kid turned infront of me at an intersection. I ended up hitting him on the passengerside and crunched up my passenger headlight area. Totaly his fault. I had the green light and it turned yellow just as I entered the intersection and he cut the corner to turn to his left, cutting me off. I was actually slowing down to see if any cars were turning into the intersection and then WHAM . Luckily I was able and still am able to drive the car.

Here is a link to some shots I took when I got home after the accident

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b34f1873455a

In the meantime, I was in the proccess of getting ready to move at the end of Jan. Our dog, my wifes best friend of 13+ years got really sick before christmas and lost him to liver disease at the end of jan. Then my wife fell at work and injured her knee and ankle 2 wks ago. Luckily we got a new puppy before the other dog was gone and my wife`s knee is better now.

But just got off of the phone with the other drivers insurance and they have determined that it is 30% my fault. I have a letter stating that I should of been paying proper attention. That totly sucks! The estimate to fix the car is almost $8K. The other insurance company says to go thru my own. I have AIG and the other comapany was Encompass. The body shop, a mercedes shop, says that AIG is horrible to deal with.

Encompass says that the reason that they found it partially my fault was due to Pa`s comparative negligence law

All I have to say that this "new year" has really sucked.

The only good thing is that I have a new (to me) house with a one car garage and a nice wide driveway.

I think I need some detailing therapy:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a police report? What sort of fault did the officer note?

File it through your insurance and have them fight it. It`s the other person`s responsibility to yeild to on coming traffic so I can`t see how it should be your fault at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Police report or not you can still get shafted. Similar situation and really meesed up my 86 Camaro when I had it. 25 percent my fault they said and they would only pay x amount. Ended up getting them to down to like 15 percent my fault. Unless your willing to get an attorney you`ll suffer. Also on your end get a better company for insurance.

Post Thanks / Like
    You said it man. I have been dealing with same stuff. Jan 7th someone ran into my Z. Not my fault. So we take her to the dealership to get fixed, and after 6 weeks of being in the shop, they return the Z back to me and the paint didn`t match. A 3rd grader could have done a better job at matching the paint. 2 weeks later they have repainted her and removed all the swirl marks they put on her in the process. But got carried away and burned off spots of paint on the mud guard and the spoiler. $6K in damages total. Had her back for 6 days, and my husband and I had a freak unexplainable unavoidable accident (he hit me) and now both vehicles are in the shop for repairs, only this time est damages to the Z: $13K Being run off the road accidentally by your own husband: priceless. I am dealing with the insurance thing all over again. Thank goodness both times not my fault at all so insurance is taking 100% of the costs. Sheez, not my year either dude. Hope our bad luck takes some off of someone else at least! LOL
    "Loose Lucy"

2003 Nissan 350Z

Brickyard Touring 5 A/T

Thread Information