Post Thanks / Like
    I was involved in an accident recently (posted here ) and my car is undergoing repairs right now. I`m crossing my fingers that insurance will foot the additional $4K the shop is asking. I think the chances are slim, though .

I *might* sell it in a couple months. If the damaged parts are replaced with OEM parts and the frame is ok, how is the resale value affected? KBB lists my car, 60K miles at ~$12,000. I would go with the trade-in route because I don`t want to deal with ppl and explaining the collision repairs (it would show up on carfax, right?).
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all collisions show up on Carfax. Nevertheless, I would also trade it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on how your state records accidents and how quickly they put that info into their system.

It doesn`t matter though. Any decent appraiser can tell an accident repair and repaint immediately. Its super obvious to them. A huge repair like that ($10K?? :yeow: ) will hit the value hard. How hard is really dependent on the appraiser and all the other circumstances.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not worried about the carfax thing really. If it shows up on the record, fine. If the dealer can`t tell, fine. I`m not going to hide it from another person, so a personal sale is out of the picture.

yeah, parts is $4,700, labor is $4700, and towing/storage is $480. Not fun at all. One upside is if I sell this sucker I have a reason to spend 4+ hours detailing it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your accident. That was one pretty accord.

If you trade, what are you interested in?

If you do get different car, we can get together again and shine the heck out of it.:bounce

BOB

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by F150BOB

If you trade, what are you interested in?

If you do get different car, we can get together again and shine the heck out of it.:bounce

BOB

Bob, we should have another get together sometime regardless .

Assuming I get $10,000 worst case for my car I only want to spend $10,000, so a normal $20K 4DR sedan is what I would want. I do NOT want another Accord, though. I really like the new Mazda 6 (silver or dark gray), probably just the 4-cyl since it`ll be a commuter car. I like the Acura TL too, but it`s out of my price range brand new. The new Altima is ok, the styling is only so-so for me. And yes my preference is Japanese even though most all of the cars are really U.S. . The Euro cars are nice, but I`m looking for something more cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gnahc79

Bob, we should have another get together sometime regardless .

Assuming I get $10,000 worst case for my car I only want to spend $10,000, so a normal $20K 4DR sedan is what I would want. I do NOT want another Accord, though. I really like the new Mazda 6 (silver or dark gray), probably just the 4-cyl since it`ll be a commuter car. I like the Acura TL too, but it`s out of my price range brand new. The new Altima is ok, the styling is only so-so for me. And yes my preference is Japanese even though most all of the cars are really U.S. . The Euro cars are nice, but I`m looking for something more cost effective.

I just had the mazda 6 (4-cyl) as a rental last week and I was disappointed. It didn`t seem to have very much power, I usually drove it in 2nd or 3rd just so the car would pull when needed.

It`s a nice car, but underpowered...I`m sure if the gearing were changed it would help at the low end.

Thread Information