Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what Hurricane Isabel did to my 6 month old Maxima. Unlike most of my vehicles in the past I was actually taking good care of this cosmetically. What at bite.

Post Thanks / Like
    some touch up paint should fix that.
    B&W Speakers, Transparent cables, Classe amps coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    as Bretfraz would say...

yeah...that will buff right out!"

It`s only a car, and as much as we obssess about them, they are replaceable...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just be glad that tree didnt fall on your house, or that you weren`t IN the car!

We had a lot of trees down here two, a neighbor had one hit his garage and destroy it and two cars...

Look forward to the insurance check!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang!! Sorry to hear about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to the adjuster today, and he wants to total it. I really don`t want the car fixed because I am sure it will never be right. What`s killing me is that they are valuing the car at $20k, and I still owe over $24k on it. I told my insurance guy to put replacement cost coverage on it and they did not do it. So, I have that fight ahead of me. I just don`t want to be out a ton of money, or drive a brand new pieced together car for the next 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, at least you are alive to tell the tale. Good luck with the insurance company. I did not know Nissan depreciated so fast.

Just do not show PrinzII
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Murf300

I talked to the adjuster today, and he wants to total it. I really don`t want the car fixed because I am sure it will never be right. What`s killing me is that they are valuing the car at $20k, and I still owe over $24k on it. I told my insurance guy to put replacement cost coverage on it and they did not do it. So, I have that fight ahead of me. I just don`t want to be out a ton of money, or drive a brand new pieced together car for the next 5 years.

There is a coverage I got when I bought my `03 Mach 1 called Gap Insurance. Pretty cheap while I am financing the car ($45 per year). Basically, it covers you if the value is less than what is owed (in your case, it would kick in the extra $4k). Might want to look into that on the next ride.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is what he had told the adjuster to add and he did not.

Definately let them total it, and keep fighting for that 4k...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

I think this is what he had told the adjuster to add and he did not.

Definately let them total it, and keep fighting for that 4k...

GoodnClean: you would need to have the gap insurance in place before the incident, otherwise your adjuster is just going to look at base value and nothing else. Hope that clears it up.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah I agree. I had thought he meant that he had told the adjuster back before the incident to add the gap insurance, and just found out that he never did.

I told my insurance guy to put replacement cost coverage on it and they did not do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I had told them to put the replacement cost coverage on the car (serves the same function as gap insurance), and they didn`t do it. I talked to a friend in the insurance business, and he said because I had gotten a renewal notice back in the summer that they will say I should have noticed it then and called. The body shop came back with a lower estimate to fix it so, it looks like they are going to fix the car, and I am stuck with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh!! That`s sucks!!! I`m very very sorry about your new Maxima!!! Ronoake Rapids got the blunt of the storm. Raleigh got one of those bad rain and wind and that`s it.

Post Thanks / Like
    check the lays in your state, in ca, the insurance companies can`t force you to use a certain body shop it`s your choice.

I went to one of the best for my car and they fought with my insurance company to keep them from using remanufactured/salvaged/non OEM parts. It ended up costing about $1K more then the insurance adjusted estimated.

if you can`t get them to total it, make sure the title stays clean (no salvage) and figut to get it done at the shop of your choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Murf300

it looks like they are going to fix the car, and I am stuck with it.

Wow....that sucks....

Keep us posted

Thread Information