Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, thanks guys for your answers with my "fake xenon" question. It`s very helpful, very much appreciated.

My next question would be this, Is there any such thing as a quiet exhaust mod? I`ve seen the riced up cars with exhaust the size of a cannon that make soo much noise it could shatter glass. I don`t want those. I`ve been looking for something that would keep the noise level low but increase power or whatever these things are suppose to improve.

I was just wondering about this since the Focus` muffler is rusting and I was thinking I might as well shell out a few bucks for an exhaust that might give me a better acceleration or hp when I replace this rust magnet.

Thanks guys
    Nnnooo. I can`t kick that high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corsa exhaust systems. Check them out. They are suppose to be stock quiet until you floor it and free-flowing ( increase hp) all the time. Search "Aurora40" for his analysis of his really nice Corsa system. They are expensive but quality and performance cost $$$$. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Expect to pay somewhere around $400 bucks for a muffler that looks stock and sounds a little throatier than stock and actually improves performance. They aren`t cheap. I`m trying to think of the brand I`ve seen on Integras... Apexi or something like that. I`d have to do a little research on that. From what I`ve heard about them they are the best "non rice" sounding exhaust that actually improves performance. You are looking at somewhere around $800 bucks for the headers and cat back system with that exhaust though. Its worth it if you can get the performance, looks, and sound that you want though.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I`ve read about Focus exhausts at the forums at www.focaljet.com , the Bosal is one of the quietest--barely louder than stock. Some people have even posted sound clips on there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnaflows! I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my Civic and it is so freaking quiet I love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of the noise factor has to do with the resonator use, regardless of the type or manufacturer of the muffler.

Have whichever shop installs your exhaust measure, and fit the longest perforated (NOT louvered) resonator that will fit your application.

I have a Magnaflow exhaust piped together with custom, mandrel-bent polished stainless steel, but only a 14" resonator. I am looking into changing it out for a longer model, as it can be a little loud.
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Thread Information