Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the quotes from my present insurance company, $2500/yr. I understand it`s all about, age and accident history(no acc history for me though) etc..but what insurance company are you using in NJ? I`m trying to find out any other alternatives than current insurance company.

THank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try AIG or like companies that do not use agents to save the 20% on commissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ejant

Try this website

I got this msg, "Currently, there are no participating insurance companies in your state. New companies and states are being added steadily, please check back soon. "

ejant, thanks for your help though

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out these JD Power ratings and use google to find the web sites.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could try Liberty Mutual

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be hard to get ahold of Liberty Mutual. When I moved to NJ from Boston three years ago, Liberty Mutual made it extremely difficult to get a quote from them. (Funny thing was that I was a Liberty Mutual customer from Massachusetts!)

The scenario would go like this: Call, put on hold for an hour, eventually get someone to take your address so that you can be mailed a form to fill out. Fill out form, mail back, and never heard from them. Call again. I`m told that they never received the form and that a new one would be sent. Fill out new form and did not hear from them again. (Meanwhile, my Massachusetts registration is about to expire.) I call again and am quoted X amount per year. The phone representative said that a policy would be mailed out.

I ended up buying a new car and decided not to wait for Liberty Mutual. It was a good thing as the policy never arrived.

When I called Liberty Mutual in Massachusetts to cancel my previous policy, the agent apologized and said they weren`t sure why it was so hard to get coverage in NJ.

-ema

Post Thanks / Like
    aww man. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you find a good insurance company

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not that the insurance companies don`t want to do business in NJ, it is the laws in NJ that the companies want to have changed. So many laws that are just crazy.

You should try New Jersey Manufact. ins co

Most major companies do not write in NJ, and if they do its under another business name seperate from the mother company.

Post Thanks / Like
    New Jersey Manufacturers is a terrific insurance company. The only catch is that your employer must be a member of the NJ Business Association (or some organization to that effect). Most of the Lucent employees I know use NJM.

There was an article in the Star Ledger several weeks ago saying that NJM is swamped with requests for coverage. As a result, they have asked the state for permission to temporarily stop accepting new customers. So that`s another option out the door...

-ema

Post Thanks / Like
    New Jersey is getting out of control with car insurance. I am being penalized because I have a clean driving record..... The only companies I could find are for "High Risk" drivers. I called Liberty Mutaul and they told me they are no longer taking any policies in Jersey... they are only renewing the policies they have now. I finally bit the bullet and signed on with allstate. I pay $2800 a year with a clean record and no points because I am under 25 and male. That was one of the deciding factors in purchasing a car. Anything considered a sports car would have been $3300 and up. It is all because of STUPID NJ insurance laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is looking in NJ, I use First Trenton Indemnity and they`ve been reasonable and good to work with.
    Seth

Thread Information