Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever run into a driver on your commute that absolutely makes you wonder? This morning I ran into one as I was driving in to work. I was heading north on the tollway when I got behind a Lexus ES 300. Nothing too odd about that except that it was still dark outside and this person`s taillights weren`t on.

Out of courtesy, I flashed the person to let them know the taillights were out but no attention was paid. Eventually, I got to pass this person and saw why her taillights were not on. She was driving the car with the DRLs only. Needless to say, I just looked in disbelief and shook my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    That is my biggest pet peeve. I leave from work at 5:00 to go to school. Its usually getting dark by then. The sun went down 30 minutes ago and you had better have your lights on if you are on the road. It blows my mind how many gray and black cars are driving around without any lights on at all!! Do they think they are just so huge that they are visible?

I saw a black Taurus last week that was so dirty it looked like it was painted flat black. It was driving around at 6:00 on the freeway with its lights off. People were flashing him and he didn’t even notice I guess. He was darting in and out of lanes without signaling too. This guy was a menace. I decided to be an ******* once we got off the freeway. He took the same exit I did. I got in front of him eventually and at the first stop light I could be directly in front of him I stopped and got out. I live in a safe city so you can do that kind of thing. I hadn’t gotten past the end of my car before he turned on his lights. I think he was scared to death that I was going to drag him out of his car and beat him or something. I was just doing my citizens duty to try and prevent an accident. This guy was practically invisible on the road. I saw a black Porsche doing the same thing yesterday. He turned on his lights before I could get beside him to let him know that he was about to find out what it feels like to wreck a Porsche when he broadsides someone making a right turn that didn’t see him coming down the right lane. Some people….

Post Thanks / Like
    those dummies, only have lights in the high beam mode. The low beams have burned out. And they`re to cheap to fix it. :scared

Post Thanks / Like
    The ones that really get to me are cars with Xenon lights or fog lights that are not properly aimed. If you blink at them then they really will try to blind you to let you know that it is not their bright lights that are blinding you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Driving without headlights is a major peeve for me.

I drive with my lights on every time I drive. Every time.

Partly for safety, partly because I love my PIAA`s.
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Post Thanks / Like
    You know why I think people do this? It`s because they live in their own little world. They don`t have a clue to the fact that what they do or don`t do in this case has any affect on other people. It`s dusk outside, there`s still enough daylight so they can see fairly well. They believe that turning on their lights won`t help them see any better because it`s not dark enough, so they don`t. They don`t realize that at this time of day, turning on their lights is to make them more visible to other motorist, not to help them see the road better.

And those motorist with the DRL who don`t turn on their lights at dusk. They`re only focused on what`s ahead. They know the DRLs make them visible to on-coming traffic at dusk, so why bother turning on their lights. They`ll get a clue one day when someone rear ends them because the back of their car wasn`t visible to the speeding driver behind them.

I think the government should mandate auto-on headlights for all vehicles. While they`re at it the lights should also be tied in with the operation of the windshield wipers too. My wife`s Catera has this feature. After the wipers have been on for 20 seconds the lights automatically turn on. It may take 20 years to weed out all the old cars, but eventually this problem should go away.

:nono

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Hellrot, that is a law in Illinois that whenever you have your wipers on, you must have your lights on. This law has been in effect since 1995.

I have been driving with lights on in inclement weather ever since I had my license.

Post Thanks / Like
    PrinzII,

As for the es300, I could see why she didn`t know her lights were not on. Three main reasons:

1) She doesn`t know the functions of her car

2) Her DRL were on so she probably saw a bit of light and thought that those were her low beams

3) On all Lexus` the speedo/odo are luminescent. So during the day when the low beams are off, the speedo is bright at hell. So she probably thought, "Oh since my odo is lit up, that must mean my low beams are on too"

OutlawTitan,

I agree with you! But the main problem is that mostly all of the aftermarket HID`s are not installed properly, they don`t have auto balance, and the optics that the car has doesn`t have a proper cut off line for the HID`s. GRRRR. Police should really start to give tickets out to these people. HID`s are so blinding its not funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s face it...some people are just too stupid to drive...

HID`s do suck...only come on the expensive cars though...unless you get the wannabe bulbs at Pep Boys...
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan

My car owns all........in Gran Turismo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jazz95

unless you get the wannabe bulbs at Pep Boys... [/B]

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!

LOL.. yep I have Sylvania Silverstars and love em.. but I dont blind people..

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...no offense intended.

I was in front of one of those Ford monstrosities last night...headlights were shining right into my rearview...my car is low, your truck is high...nuff said.

Truthfully, I put them in on my old car, but took them out when I realized they weren`t doing anything...:nixweiss

Jarrad
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan

My car owns all........in Gran Turismo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jazz95

LOL...no offense intended.

I was in front of one of those Ford monstrosities last night...headlights were shining right into my rearview...my car is low, your truck is high...nuff said.

Jarrad

Not my truck, the Lightning is already lower than a regular truck and I have lowered mine with a 1/2 lowering kit..

My father put them on his truck and Lincoln Town Car and wouldnt go back.. He and my mother couldnt believe the difference..

guess its one of those subjective things...

good luck

Thread Information